What NEO GEO game should i get first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What NEO GEO game should i get first?

As you may or may not know im considering getting an Neo geo aes console. Ive got my eye on a couple of nice examples ive found, however ive yet to pull the trigger..
    If i go ahead with my much longed for purchase, whats the very first game i should buy? I want something that when i plug it in is going to make me think 'YES! Ive made the right choice!' \o/
    My only stipulation is i cant have played them before, so no metal slugs or anything on snk arcade classics vol 1. Id be looking to get some of those games at a later date, but would ideally like something thats fresh to me bonus points for not being a fighting game and for being under ?100 thanks.

Blazing Star is very nice side scrolling shooter, no idea on AES pricing as I've only played the MVS version. Personally, I preferred it to Pulstar.

Comment

Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters 2

Comment

Nam is a good starting point, as in my opinion it still plays well and is pretty cheap.

In fact you could more than likely pick up Nam snd Samurai Shodown 2 for under ?50 to get you started.

Comment

SamSho2 or KoF96.

Comment

NAM '75 is a good shout, easily picked up for between £20-40. Might not make your jaw drop graphically but it has tremendous gameplay. It's one of my all time favourite Neo Geo games.

Comment

Metal Slug 3=WIN ...stay away from 4 and onwards..

Oops just read the first post right thro...lol

Top Hunter quite good..
              Last edited by garrz32; 24-11-2009, 08:39. Reason: can't read

Comment

Never been a better time to buy Neo Geo, after all these years I finally got one too - prices are better than they have ever been. Just bought a fully boxed early Jap model with all the bags/inserts etc, Sanwa button modded joystick and Unibios/RGB modded spec for the equivilent of £80 delivered. Putting together a Supergun too as I mainly intend to go down the MVS route which I would advise (again picked up non-bootleg KOF 98, Turf Masters and Super Sidekicks 3 for £18 each).

Only got a couple of AES games as follows but you can get BN Nam 75 (censored for flesh) for £26 delivered from the US and Fatal Fury Special for £18 delivered from Japan (make offer of $16):

Comment

Garry, i love the way you just completely ignored the "not a metal slug and under £100" bit, because you love 3 so much! He's right though Dan, just get it and Garou and sit with a big smile on your face as you bask in Neo Geo awesomeness. (Yes, i've decided to skip over the price barrier too!)

Comment

Haha, I did change it tho Colin...

Comment

THE MUST HAVE CART FOR ME BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE IS VIEWPOINT

best shooter of all time in my view

LAST RESORT is well worth a mention

Comment

Thats a good point, last resort is in budget and is a great shooter, it never seems to age in my eyes. Just picked it up myself a week ago, i think it was £70.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                          Thats a good point, last resort is in budget and is a great shooter, it never seems to age in my eyes. Just picked it up myself a week ago, i think it was ?70.

Yes I know what you mean ikobo about how the game looks and the music gives it such a great atmosphere

Comment

Lol, thanks guys, Blazing star eh ?400 ish isnt it? Dont think that'll be the first, Nam 75 is a good one, fancy that and maybe another as its so cheap?? No doubt ill step up the spending at some point, the money pit that the aes is, for now i'll go easy as ive got the console to buy also. Is ?180 a fair price for a near mint boxed, early jpn system?

Comment

Matrimelee..First ever AES cart I bought (off these forums)

I just love the whole style and music and the box-art is fantastic.

(can be bought for about £100 Brand New) at neogeo.com Which is worth checking out (I suspect you know of this) but plenty of good threads to read there.

EDIT

Unless you had it on PS2 - I'm sure there is a port.

Comment

Working...
                              X