Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What retro item do you most regret selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What retro item do you most regret selling?

Not been home for a few weeks, and i've been doing my usuall to fill some of my time away by hunting for retro goodies. One of the games i'm looking for, when i originally bought it cost me ?13 used in mint condition. These days the cheapest i can find it is ?110+ I'm really not sure i can bring myself to pay that much for it now, despite the fact i REALLY want to play it.

Just got me thinking, whay have you sold on the cheap thats then went on to multiply many times in value? Or what have you sold that, no matter how hard you try, you just can't find another copy?

Space Channel 5 Part 2

I offloaded all my dreamcast stuff as a job lot two years ago and have since rebought everything but this one game eludes me (at a reasonable price). The real kick in the teeth is that I missed out on one here at £25 which the buyer immediately stuck on eBay for £59

Comment

Originally posted by dotoko View Post
      The real kick in the teeth is that I missed out on one here at £25 which the buyer immediately stuck on eBay for £59
      Name and shame 'em please.

Comment

Originally posted by dotoko View Post
        The real kick in the teeth is that I missed out on one here at ?25 which the buyer immediately stuck on eBay for ?59
        Many of us here have found your shady selling methods a kick in the teeth.

*Puts Space Channel 5 Part 2 on eBay for ?59*
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've never got rid of hardware but I regret a few games: Luigi's Mansion and Beyond Good & Evil on the cube mostly cos I wanted to play them again long after I got rid. I also regret swapping New Zealand Story on the NES for Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. That was back during the NES's life when it wasn't retro.

Comment

Sigh... it's got to be my SNES and about 30 games when I flogged the lot, for a pittance, to a mate's brother so I could buy a PS. Everything utterly mint, Zelda, Secret of Mana etc. <sobs>

Comment

Gotta be that complete US Earthbound that I either sold on here or Edge forums for ?60. It's worth at least double that now. I can't bring myself round to repurchasing for ?120+ knowing that I let mine go for ?60!!

Comment

Atari 2600 shop display unit. You know, one of those multi-cartridge select units. Simply had no room for it so swapped it with a mate for a Nomad and a few other bits. He's still got it and never uses it

Comment

I sold my US SNES with over 40 titles with all the big RPGs for just over 450 a few years back. I still have all the roms on the xbox but it was a nice collection.
                  I sold it to pay for some car parts but I had to sell the car as my wife fell pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
                    Gotta be that complete US Earthbound that I either sold on here or Edge forums for ?60. It's worth at least double that now. I can't bring myself round to repurchasing for ?120+ knowing that I let mine go for ?60!!
                    I feel for you man, one of my main regrets is not taking the many opportunities i had to buy it at a decent price, now when i really want to own it it costs a fortune!

Comment

Primal Rage special edition box set for Megadrive, and a 32X Console Virtua Fighter Special Edition box set - both of which I whacked on ebay a few years ago for auction starting at quid and sold for measly amounts. (and the 32X VF box set buyer had the cheek to slag me off for refusing to reduce the quoted postage cost, after the auction had ended.)

Should have kept them both - esp. the VF console set. Was absolutely not worth the hassle I got given over that. But I've never yet pulled out of an auction sale because I didn't like the price and I hate it when other people do, so I just got on with it.

Comment

I know it's "What retro item do you miss most regret selling"....

I don't really regret selling anything,I've sold a lot of stuff esp recently but I don't miss any of it if am honest with myself.And the money's help to pay for other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I know how most of you feel by selling your games(I,ve been there myself) but it's all Swings and Roundabouts in this game..

Ask yourself how many times you've bought a game cheap and then sold it for a tidy profit.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                          Ask yourself how many times you've bought a game cheap and then sold it for a tidy profit.
                          NOT often enough!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                            NOT often enough!

Comment

Another regretful sale.....

Sold kaze kiri for pc engine for thirty quid.

Not only is it worth a lot more now but is fairly difficult to find. Its also a decent game.....which makes it hurt a bit more...

Comment

Working...
                              X