Faulty AES game, any tips to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty AES game, any tips to fix?

The FF3 i just received from Hangman has turned out to be, well, kaput. When i insert it all i'm getting is a black screen with the odd square of colour and buzzing from the speakers. I can't even get the Neo to reset into the unibios while it's inserted in the machine. I've tried multiple re-insertions and have cleaned the cartridge contacts with a cotton bud but still nothing. I'd prefer to keep it and not send it back to Paul as it's in pretty decent condition. So, anyone got any tips to bring it back from the dead before i return it monday?

Dunno how to fix it but FF3 makes a good sacrifice cart if you wanted to do an MVS conversion.

Comment

Give it a wiggle is there any noise from inside the cart? I had a similar problem a few months ago with an AES cart and they told me to check a chip hadn't come loose.

Comment

Doesn't sound any more rattly than your general AES cart? Hangman said he tested it before shipping and it was fine, there's no damage to the packaging it came in though.

Comment

Clean, clean and clean again.

Comment

Could be a bad or cracked solder joint on one of the chip legs. I had a dead KOF2000 before and just ended up trading it towards a working one

Comment

Working...
            X