GenMobile - Portable Mega Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GenMobile - Portable Mega Drive

Not sure if anyone has paid much attention to this but it's basically a portable Mega Drive - similar to the Nomad - but is produced by a third party manufacturer.

It comes with 20 games built-in (like the Blaze Mega Drive portable) and will accept games from any region.

D-pad isn't fantastic and the sound emulation is sometimes a little off, but for just over ?30 you can't really grumble. Stone Age Gamer have them in stock, but beware of customs charges. I got stung for ?11 on mine.

Here's me goofing around with one:

Wow, its actually licensed this one! Ill look into it.
    You do like your handheld curiosities dont you Duddy?

Comment

That's purely because I hardly get any time on the telly, what with sharing the house with two females and a baby male who is addicted to CBeebies.

Plus, these little handhelds are useful for playing at work

Comment

nice post.
        Is there any motion blur when you move about? I got a nomad and motion blur happens all the time because of the early tech of the screen back then. That portable looks like the screen is very sharp

Comment

Nope, no blur to speak of. The quality of the LCD screen is obviously not on par with the likes of the DS or PSP - it has a kind of "speckled" effect - but it's not too bad. Brightness is decent.

At the end of the day this cost £34 (or thereabouts) so it's decent enough for the price.

Comment

wow another cool little handheld.... i'm liking this one especially as it accepts all region carts too

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
              That's purely because I hardly get any time on the telly, what with sharing the house with two females and a baby male who is addicted to CBeebies.

EXACTLY why I got shut of a lot of consoles and got more handhelds.

Nice find mate, I think I might have to investigate!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
                Hmmm, Artform employee shirking his work....

Doesn't surprise me knowing that place!

Comment

Behave, I meant during dinner :P

Comment

Think i'm more interested in this :O !

Comment

Is it just me or is the sound on that thing way off. EVERY game you showed apart from Strider seemed to have sound issues. Rolling Thunder was missing a Channel, Super Shinobi 2 sounded out of tune and Magical hat was off key.

Yakumo

Comment

The fact that my camera isn't the best at recording probably doesn't help but yeah, the sound is a little off. Not as bad as you might think, though.

Comment

Judging from the reviews of both the retrogen and the genmobile on sega-16 http://www.sega-16.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 ,the genmobile seems to be the one to go for !

Just waiting for someone,anyone on our shores to have them in stock, before getting a couple!

Comment

Is this the same thing? or is it different?

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

No that doesn't have the cart slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X