AD&D Games for the Amiga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD&D Games for the Amiga

Recently picked up a a catalogue of AD&D roleplaying games including the gold box ones by SSI for the Commodore Amiga and was wondering if any of them were actually worth picking up. Have listed all the ones on show in the catalogue and would like to know people's opinions and if there is any I shoul davoid at all costs. Most seem quite expensive on ebay when they do appear (Queens of Krynn for example is currently ?20) so don't want to make a daft choice . all of these games have AD&D before their names:

Champions of Krynn
    Curse of the Azure Bonds
    Dark Queen of Krynn
    Death Knights of Krynn
    Dragonstrike
    Eye of the Beholder
    Eye of the Beholder 2: The Legend of Darkmoon
    Gateway to the Savage Frontier
    Pool of Radiance
    Pools of Darkness
    Secret of the Silver Blades
    Shadow Sorceror
    Treasures of the Savage Frontier

Looking back I never realised there were so many! But from what I can tell all of them also came out on the PC. I'm sure I've missed some like Dungeon Master but if anyone has any recommendations feel free.

I think this link just about sums up what the Amiga had to offer.
    An interactive Amiga games database with screenshots, reviews, ratings, docs, cheats, walkthroughs, downloads, videos, emulators, music and a forum!

I'd say Eye of the Beholder was the best of the lot, followed by the mighty Dungeon Master
    Last edited by Ian(not Ian); 12-01-2010, 09:25.

Comment

Never played any of them apart from the Eye of the Beholders. They were good for their day but I really wouldn't want to play one of them now, those sort of games have just aged too badly for me.

Comment

I recently completed Baldurs Gate 1&2 (for about the 4th time) after a 250 hour playthrough (crazy) but loved it to bits. Having picked up an A600 recently I thought it would be a good idea to start off with some of the older RPG's, see where it all started. One that would have taken my fancy is the AOL version of Neverwinter Nights which sounded a lot of fun even if basic.

Comment

If you like top-down, isometric RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter you should really try Legend on the Amiga. 'Tis a lovely game!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            If you like top-down, isometric RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter you should really try Legend on the Amiga. 'Tis a lovely game!
            Is that Legends of Valour? Just ordered that a few days ago

Comment

Nope, it's just Legend by Mindscape.

An interactive Amiga games database with screenshots, reviews, ratings, docs, cheats, walkthroughs, downloads, videos, emulators, music and a forum!
              Last edited by samanosuke; 12-01-2010, 17:20.

Comment

I should probably change this into the general Amiga RPG thread There must be llooaaddss we are missing out on.

Comment

Working...
                X