Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Mega CD shoot'em ups

Hey all,

I've recently got hold of a multi-bios Mega CD, and being a fan of shoot'em ups, wondered if any of you enlightened souls can tell me which titles are stand out shooters for the Mega CD... if any!

cheers
    mud
    Last edited by muddy; 15-01-2010, 21:40.

Theres not that many but what there is are all fairly decent, Sol-Feace is probably the weakest but has an excellent soundtrack, my favourites probably Bari-Arm.

Bari-Arm
    Dennin Aleste
    Lords of Thunder
    Silpheed
    Keio Flying Squadron
    Sol-Feace

Almost forgot theres also Devastator which is sort of a platform style shooter with the occasional horizontal shooter stage, it's not too bad either for the most part.

Theres a couple of 3D style shooters as well but I'm assuming your after the traditional type.
    Last edited by Phar; 15-01-2010, 21:57.

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply, I'll keep a look out for them. I'd heard of Silpheed and Sol-Feace, and you're right, more of the traditional style shooters are what I'm after.

Comment

Keio is pretty good if you like your shooters a bit mad; think Parodius
        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Yeah, it's all about Keio without a doubt! So fun and with a catchy soundtrack too!
          Also Robo Aleste is pretty good, quick fast though.

Comment

Cyborg 009 0_o

Comment

I really want to play Dennin Aleste it looks really good, I thinks its the only Compile shooter I've never played.
              Last edited by HC_O; 16-01-2010, 00:54.

Comment

Dennin Aleste's levels are WAYYYYYY too long. Super Akeste on the SFC craps all over it. In fact I'd say Musha Aleste on the Standard Mega Drive is better.

Comment

I'd say both the SFC & MD games drag on far longer imo, especially Super Aleste

Comment

Working...
                  X