Arcade cabinets: Where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade cabinets: Where to buy?

I don't think i can resist any more, after 2 weeks i'm now settled in to my new place in London, and i'm going to buy myself a cab. Apart from ebay, that only seems to have a couple of the type i'm after, where can i look for one? (preferably somewhere that will deliver, and give me a hand to lug it up the stairs!) I want it primarily for MVS and i'd like it to be the same kind of style as garrz32 & kernow's cabs. Also, as i'm going to have it in the corner of my living room it has to be in really, REALLY good condition. So can someone point me in the right direction please?

One thing, i live in a house that's been converted to 2 flats and i'm on the first floor. The doorway and staircase aren't exactly super wide, but i'm sure some of these machines you can take the control panel off the front for transport? Or alternatively, are there any cabinets that are smaller in size, but still in the same style???
    Last edited by Colin; 24-01-2010, 18:46.

Head on over to AO - oh you already have.

Comment

On there now, is there no "for sale" section?
      Last edited by Colin; 24-01-2010, 18:52.

Comment

Think you have to make a few posts beforehand, not sure how many though. Maybe create a new thread asking about which cab to get

(cough probably an egret 2)

Comment

I would have thought a Sega Astro City would be a good option as you can take them apart fairly easily. I live in an old house and would never have got an Egret 2 in but am really happy with my Astro, plus it was easy to move once i'd got it apart (although that was hard as some of the screws were really stuck fast!). There was one on AO at the weekend for £300ish, although its probably gone by now.

Comment

Yeah, that one's gone now mate. There's a guy that has two he's hoping to sell as a pair, pricier, but are supposed to be in excellent condition, keeping an eye on that one in case he splits.

The NEO 25 is appealing to me a huge amount too, there's one available from abroad, but i don't fancy the risk of getting it. I think ideally i'd like to buy from someone in the UK who could give me full detail (for an absolute cab beginner) on what i'm buying.

Comment

The neo 25 would be MVS wired too which is fine if you're going to put a 2 or 4 slot in , but if you ever want to get some JAMMA PCB's in future it'll take a bit of fiddling with.

I'd go for a minty egret 2, probably pay £700 for an absolutely tip top one (that will still probably not be 'solid mint', just need to wait for one to come up I guess, you can take the control panel housing off to make it fit through thinner doorways also, which you can't do with the astro (although you can take the astro apart into small bits).

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                The neo 25 would be MVS wired too which is fine if you're going to put a 2 or 4 slot in , but if you ever want to get some JAMMA PCB's in future it'll take a bit of fiddling with.

I'd go for a minty egret 2, probably pay ?700 for an absolutely tip top one (that will still probably not be 'solid mint', just need to wait for one to come up I guess, you can take the control panel housing off to make it fit through thinner doorways also, which you can't do with the astro (although you can take the astro apart into small bits).
                The Egret 2 and astro are definitely my 2 favourites, i'd be more than happy with ?700 for a mint egret 2, i'll just have to listen for more tip offs on availability.

Comment

Astro or an Egret 2 are good choices i reckon, easy to get spare parts etc. Nearly swapped mine for a Capcom Impress before xmas when i was about to move house because i can't get some of the screws out to take it fully apart and the impress is slightly thinner. In the end i couldnt go through with it and managed to get the Astro moved and in my upstairs game room, allbeit with some more side scratches i could've done without

Comment

Have a look at the Jamma+ forum.

Comment

Don't make me join ANOTHER forum! Are there any for sale there?

Comment

no, they are usually wood cabs anyway

Comment

Working...
                        X