Recommend me a PS1 game from the JPN PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a PS1 game from the JPN PSN

I've got 600 points going spare, is there anything I simply MUST have? If possible I'd like to get something that isn't like the games I already have.

So far I have:
    1. Biohazard
    2. Biohazard 2
    3. Biohazard 3
    4. Gaia Seed
    5. R-Type Delta
    6. R-Types
    7. Ray Tracers
    8. Un Jammy Lammer
    9. Devil Crash (PCE)

Deadheat Road is on there right now. It looks quite like Ridge Racer, but has anybody actually played it? TBH I've never heard of it before, but I'd be keen to give it a try as long as it isn't truly terrible. I'd appreciate any reviews etc.

I know I'm just gonna end up with ThunderForce V. Lol.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-02-2010, 20:35.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

How about The Adventure of Little Ralph?
    The JPN PSN really is full of wonderful stuff, I'm seriously tempted to get some ¥cards.

Comment

For different, you could do something like Money Idol Exchanger or Magical Drop F, if you like puzzle games that is. Both are heavy on the cute. Money Idol Exchanger is actually a nice twist on the genre, so I'd recommend that in particular.

If you want REALLY different, you could pick up any of the twenty-seven Tokimemo games they've put up in the last couple of months.

FF: What's Adventure of Little Ralph?

Comment

The Adventure of Little Ralph is an excellent 16Bit-style platformer that commands a high price in original disc form. Definitely one of the must-haves on the PSN store.

I had never played it before but took a chance on Gussun Paradise with my last batch of yen since it was by IREM and looked like it might be something similar to Taito's single-screen platform/puzzlers. Turned out to be a good decision as it is pretty similar to those and isn't half bad.

Comment

How about Einhander? That'd be my first choice if I was hooked up with a Jpn account.

Comment

What's that lock-picking game called? Love that. Pepsi-Man is great too

Comment

Gussun Paradise is a great game, but also available in PAL format under the name 'Yoyo's Puzzle Park'

My vote would go for Hermie Hopperhead and the already mentioned Adventure of Little Ralph

Comment

G-Darius - how could anyone not like robotic fish?

Comment

The thing is is that I've owned all of those already. I want something quirky, that's playable. The game I really want is Dino Crisis 2, that'd be h'amaze on PSP. I used to find games that I'd never heard of, and looked totally far out, but turned out to be great. That doesn't happen nowadays. This is what I'm after.
                  Gussun Paradise looks decent. I might give that a try.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Do they have IS internal section yet?

Comment

Just fired up the old Xbox to have a look at my PCSXbox collection. Not particularly obscure but nonetheless essential Jp-only PSX games:

Harmful Park:

Internal Section:

Pepsiman:

Rakugaki Showtime:

Suzuki Bakahatsu (love this game!!):

Umihara Kawase Shun:

Comment

I went with The Rapid Angel as they don't have Finger Flashing yet.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                        X