Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap ebay prices

Following from my hugely successful thread on expensive Ebay items

I thought I'd check in and share a new thread idea.

Having had several ganders at a few retro games on ebay recently, there are some bargains to be had, and some games have properly dropped in price from when I was an active ntsc-uk'er.

Perhaps we could share them about? If you notice something cheap, and you are not in the market yourself, it would be nice to share a few auctions.

Think something like digg or stumbleupon but for ebay auctions

Obviously you will have to be selective as mass market games are no good for this style thread.

I will start.

If you are unfamiliar, NTSC-UK did a review on this back in the day and it did pretty well.

Hope you like this thread, and takes off like my previous edition.

It only really works with "Buy it now" items though doesn't it. Just because something starts off at a penny doesn't mean it will sell cheaply. If it did, i'd be bidding on Ferrari's and Lamborghini's on ebay a LOT.............

Comment

It only really works with "Buy it now" items though doesn't it. Just because something starts off at a penny doesn't mean it will sell cheaply. If it did, i'd be bidding on Ferrari's and Lamborghini's on ebay a LOT.............
      You took the words right out of my mouth ...........

Comment

Any reason this kind of thing can't go into the regular bargains thread?

Comment

It's an interesting one is this....

If it's a bargain ebay item then some lurkers are likely to hang around this thread permanently!!

Ok...not a bargain, but quite cheap. There are a couple of 'the animals' for the mega cd on there at the moment for ?14.99 buy it now. They used to go north of ?30. If i didn't have 2 already i'd have a punt.

Likewise there's a surgical strike there for ?20.

I hope this doesn't turn into a pimp your own sales thread...

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
            Any reason this kind of thing can't go into the regular bargains thread?
            Because it's not recommending bargains but discussing decent stuff that went for really low prices.

Comment

Aha, goddit, we're talking completed items.

Ok, this one's probably up for debate...

Picked this up recently. Again, not really a bargain as such, but was the first time i've seen it south of £200 for some time now...

now, this WAS a real bargain!!

Comment

Oh jesus, that's just brought back a flood of memories..

Comment

Not an absolute bargain, and I'm afraid I've already snapped it up, but I've rarely seen this for under $100 USD in this kind of condition:

I await to see if it's in the kind of condition the seller described though

Comment

I think there is room for this topic, as I've seen a few game go for really low prices, especially one's which contain typos in the title.

Comment

Not super-low price but PAL Keio has been going for over £30 lately.

Comment

Ok, it's not on ebay so I guess I'm going slightly off topic here.....

Console Passion has Whizz and Incantation (Complete for PAL SNES) in for ?24 and ?20 respectively at the moment.

They've been there for a while and I'm not sure how long I can resist them for. If I didn't own them already in decent nick I'd bag em. It's likely to be the cheapest you'll see em for a while.

A word of warning though to non collectors - gameplaywise there are better games out there!!

Comment

Spotted a complete PAL copy of super space invaders in aus ebay (snes). Asked seller if they'd post to uk. No response... Decided to drop in an $80 bid (aus$) anyway. Was anticipating a max of 30 aus dollars postage. bid was not allowed and restricted since theyd decided to sell domestically only. Feckin eejuts! It went for $10.35 in the end - that's not far off a fiver!

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
                            Spotted a complete PAL copy of super space invaders in aus ebay (snes). Asked seller if they'd post to uk. No response... Decided to drop in an $80 bid (aus$) anyway. Was anticipating a max of 30 aus dollars postage. bid was not allowed and restricted since theyd decided to sell domestically only. Feckin eejuts! It went for $10.35 in the end - that's not far off a fiver!
                            To be fair once it leaves the country and hits the postal system there's always a chance the buyer will reverse the payment, claim it's gone missing etc I'm always very cagey about selling to overseas so can understand why some folk don't bother. Pain in the backside though

Comment

Two days left but going for bugger all at the minute is Popful Mail for Sega CD:

Comment

Working...
                              X