Snowboarding games on the PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowboarding games on the PS2

Any good ones in NTSCJ format? I really liked the 'Cool boaders' series on the ps1 and dreamcast before it became a western developed franchaise. Any cool jpn snowboarding games around?

Alpine Racer 3.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ah Namco, nice will check that out, thanks.

Comment

dont know if its NTSCJ but the best snowboarding game on ps2 i.m.o is SSX Tricky. Also the 3rd in the series SSX3 is good

Comment

Simple 2000 Serives Vol.6 THE Snowboard

Released as Snowboard Racer 2 over here.

Comment

There is Cool Boarders:Code Alien which is by the original developers UEP Systems instead of Idol Minds who did Cool Boarders 3,4 & 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
              There is Cool Boarders:Code Alien which is by the original developers UEP Systems instead of Idol Minds who did Cool Boarders 3,4 & 2001
              Any good?

Comment

If you enjoyed Cool Boarders Burrrn on DC then yeah it's definitely worth checking out, thats if you can find it that is, was a Japan only release in 2000 and it isn't an easy game to track down, i'm sure it'll turn up on ebay every now and again though.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

SSX 3 is the pinnacle of the series and one of the best videogames ever created. Just to mention.

Definitely worth picking up if it got a Japanese release.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                      I just want to give you a MASSIVE thank you. You made my sunday night a great evening for gaming. As far as I was aware, Snow Surfers/Burrrn (DC) was the last Cool Boarders game they did, so being able to play this was a real pleasure.

I have to say this is easily one of the best Snowboarding games on the PS2 without a doubt. Although SSX will most likely come top, Code Alien is great!

Comment

I pickup up SS3 in a 3 for £5 deal at gamestation also with Alpine Racer 3! Both games are really good. SSX is the better title though.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                          Any good?
                          RE cool boarders code alien
                          its excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                            Simple 2000 Serives Vol.6 THE Snowboard

Released as Snowboard Racer 2 over here.
                            I've taken a major beating for the team here. I found this in CeX the other day for ?1.50 and decided to give it a go. Thank me later for saving your precious gaming time/money.

In one line, it lives up to the title 'Simple'.

I've never played such a poor Snowboarding game in my life. I though Shaun White on the PS3 was bad, but this makes it GOTY.

The physics and handling on Snowboard Racer 2 makes you feel like you're boarding in space. Not once did I fall over in the time I played it, so much so out of curiosity I began turning the board sideways in mid air, while holding grabs & still landing perfectly.
                            You can also board up the walls a bit, well the rocky mountain bits at least.

Avoid

Comment

Working...
                            X