Ok, the final word - what's better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, the final word - what's better?

A GBA Micro or an AGS-101 SP (the one with the backlit screen)? I'm in the mood for buying this morning.

It's all your fault, Strider!
    Last edited by Wil; 19-07-2010, 08:56.

Never used the backlit SP, but if the screen is as bright as a micro then go for it. The micro is a brilliant little machine BUT, some games can be difficult to play with the cramped controls, especially if you are one of those people with hands like shovels.

Comment

I have both. I find the micro too small for extended play - I have largish hands. The SP is perfect.

I take the micro if I'm just going to have 10 mins here or there, or the SPBright if I'm going on a train or similar.

Comment

Ha! I just searched and realised that I'd asked this very question (well, what was the best GB overall) before.

Just won a SP AGS-101 on t'Bay so I'm sorted I guess.

But I might get a Micro as well

Comment

The correct answer was: original GBA with afterburner backlight

I'm not much of a fan of the SP model to be honest, the buttons just don't feel as comfortable. But the micro is a thing of beauty, I take it everywhere- it is very small, so if you have bad eyesight or big hands (I personally have neither, but yeh) I'd imagine you'd struggle more. But that screen is just so

Comment

Get a micro as well Wil. You know it makes sense.

Comment

Well the GBA SP will be preferable overall for longer periods and outright comfort but the Micro is a thing of beauty.

Damn you indeed, Strider.

Comment

Regular GBA.

*runs*

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Regular GBA.

*runs*
                  I find that more comfortable to play of the three models. The SP and Micro are too cramped, IMO.

Between a (backlit) SP and Micro, as a personal choice I would choose the SP, if only because the SP can be linked to GameCube software, and the Micro can't. I'm still meaning to get round to visiting the island on the original Animal Crossing!

Comment

I've still got my original GBA and I agree, it's the most comfortable. I don't think I'd get it Afterburner-ed after all this time, though. We got them through work, direct from NCL in Japan along with the launch games. I remember getting my Gamecube the same way. It's still got a 'technical sample' sticker on the box.

Comment

For me the tiebreaker is compatibility, since I like having a handheld that's ready to play GBC and DMG-Game Boy games, which is the AGS-101 SP. You won't be disappointed with it. Although it's certainly not my preferred method of playing the older games, as they tend to look worse on a GBA.
                      I'm an even bigger supporter of picking up both, though. You know you want to!

With all of this GBA discussion, I think we need to make next month's Relay appreciate a GBA title. I'm having a blast on Klonoa right now. Next in line are the Metroids, Kururins, Mario vs DK and Rhythm Tengoku.

Comment

I've tried putting AGS-101-SP into ebay and it's not coming up with anything. What should I be looking for?

Comment

Found 1 in Spain, £51 then add shipping.

Some more worldwide non in UK at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            I have both. I find the micro too small for extended play - I have largish hands. The SP is perfect.

I take the micro if I'm just going to have 10 mins here or there, or the SPBright if I'm going on a train or similar.
                            I agree 100% and also own both. Until i got my pandora I would have said the Sp with bright screen was the most ergonomic console ever. The micro is fine if you have short games, but over 30 mins and my hands cramp up.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                              I've tried putting AGS-101-SP into ebay and it's not coming up with anything. What should I be looking for?
                              Ha! I got you back now

Comment

Working...
                              X