No announcement yet.

[August] SNK / SNK Playmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so i got my first cab, plugged in my neo board, and played MD2 for a bit. Adjusted the sound on the MB to turn it down (bad maybe?). After that, I put it down and played some other games, then went back to the Neo and bam, Z80 error. Any recommendations? Its a 1 slot board, worked fine...

mmh

Comment

It's a NEO-MVH MV1A, manufactured 1995. (Or that's what it says on the board anyway!)

Comment

okay, they are usually quite reliable and its working with the other games as you said. If you want to try it in another motherboard or whatever I don't mind taking a look at it, I know its not the ideal situation, but at least I could confirm its the cart.

These things die very infrequently to be honest, so I wouldn't give it a funeral just yet if its just the cart and everything else works.

Comment

Cheers for looking mate, I may well send it down to you. It's not as if I have no experience of dealing with NEO GEO kit, But none of the usual quick fixes are working.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be bummed if I'd just got a new cab and that happened, but it can more than likely be sorted out. If I can't fix it maybe it can be sent to someone to check the soldering on the ROMs or something. At least its not the board gone. Another MOTW is only £45 I guess.

I've had a £260 board die on me before, gutted, spent £60 trying to get it fixed including in the UK/US and ended up selling it for £20

PM if you want to send it and I'll give you my address, cheers.

Comment

I have one of the company vans home this weekend to clear some rubbish out the flat, just remembered we have some very strong alcohol wipes we use for switchgear. Cleaned the cart with one and I just got picture, but the sound is still borked. Just used another and waiting for it to dry, hopefully this'll be it sorted..........

Comment

o//

Its surprising how dirty they can get. I'd probably open it up and clean the whole thing also.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                  o//

Its surprising how dirty they can get. I'd probably open it up and clean the whole thing also.
                  Open it up and give it some with a hoover, if its never been cleaned out it will have a ton of dust and shizzle in!

Comment

So I plug it in and I get.................wait for it.................Z80 error. Out, another clean with three wipes, put it in, crosshatch screen. Take it out, another clean, SLAM it in to the MVS as i'm getting pissed off, HUZZAH! it's working!

Lesson learned? If it messes you about, hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, get a bigger hammer....................

Just glad it's now working, but i'm scared to take it out the motherboard now!

Comment

\o/

Probably just needed a damn thorough clean. I'd personally take it out and try something else, and then try it again. congrats .. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Cheers for looking mate, I may well send it down to you. It's not as if I have no experience of dealing with NEO GEO kit, But none of the usual quick fixes are working.
                        Colin,

If the problem persists I will send you another 1 slot to try if you like.Let me know how you get on.

Comment

Is it the MOTW with the daughterboard?
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just played it solid for over an hour without a glitch mate, seems fine now. It's obviously been the cart as every other game ran fine on the one slot.

To get this all back on track outside of my tech problems. Garou is still my favourite fighting game ever. I can't even begin to explain it, there's nothing about it I don't like. Maybe it's because i'm not as obsessive about fighters as some on here, or maybe it's just more suited to a more casual player, but it's just awesome. Happy days!

Comment

Yeah, its a great game, I do love it.

Comment

Glad the cart's working OK ikobo. My brother's round today so I'm hoping to have a bit of session on Garou. Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                                X