Modding a Sega Multi-mega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding a Sega Multi-mega

I've got a UK Multi-mega, and wouldn't mind getting it BIOS switched. Does anyone know of where to get it done?

I dropped Console Passion about their switchless mod using their contact form, but haven't got anything back from them yet.

Any info appreciated.

cheers, mud
    Last edited by muddy; 07-08-2010, 12:04.

I've not seen anywhere that does multibios mods on Multimegas I'm afraid. Is it even possible? I'd just stick with a Mega Cart and the regular 50/60hz and language switches. Works fine with my Multimega.

By the way, I hope you didn't buy it off that helmet Spence

Comment

C'mon man, a simple Google will show it's possible :P

This Sega CDX / Sega Multi Mega plays Cartridges from all over the world including all CD Media of all Nations. At the Video you can see the switching betwee...

nah, I avoided that tool. £100 with 9 games, inc Sonic CD.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
        C'mon man, a simple Google will show it's possible :P

This Sega CDX / Sega Multi Mega plays Cartridges from all over the world including all CD Media of all Nations. At the Video you can see the switching betwee...

nah, I avoided that tool. £100 with 9 games, inc Sonic CD.
        That's not a multibios mod though; it's just a switchless version of the 50/60hz and language mod.

Comment

Follow the link in the YouTube vid, it is multi-bios.

Last edited by muddy; 07-08-2010, 14:29.

Comment

Oh yeah, my bad! Christ that looks like a scary job. Why not just get a Mega Cart instead? As well as playing all region CDs and backing up the internal memory you can also use it to flash ROMs and play stuff like this:

Comment

So you don't know where to mod one then?

Comment

As an update, AndyB on these boards, from Console Passion does the mod. I'll be getting mine done in the next week or two, will let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X