X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next month in the US

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
      A whole ?2.95 down the drain! Thank god magazines are so cheap nowadays. Ohhhhh, wait...
      You can laugh but it's still wrong and yes. I'm still bitter

Comment

Imo, Diddy Kong Racing is FAR inferior to MK64. Yes the single player was frustrating and difficult in MK, but it is a spectaular game, especially once you've mastered the power slide boost and all the characters. As always, I started with Toad, moved on to Yoshi / Peach, toyed with Mario / Luigi and finished up on Wario, but then discovered I was much quicker with Mario/Luigi.

DKR was hard, but also really slow (though I only ever played PAL so that may be why) .
        Wave Race is amazing, and I reckon still looks pretty sweet today. It was also my first sample of a simple stunt mode which lead to much white powder crap wear on my 1st N64 pad

The whole controller pack thing with the N64 was a tad silly and annoying. Some games needed it and when it corrupt (especially with a 3rd party one) it was damn annoying!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          just seen this.
          It's all very well explaining it in the mag, but the issue was bagged. So I didn't get to read it until I got home. If it wasn't a proper review (with a score) then it should have never appeared like that on the cover. Why else say it was a review?

The fact is the magazine lied on the cover and as a result I never bought it again.
          Ha! Your loss. We had some good issues after that

Comment

I think I finished with Mario Kart just in time. That Rainbow Road was starting to give me a big big headache. Almost as much as the Rainbow Ride in Mario 64!

Been playing Pilotwings 64! FUN FUN FUN! But Jesus wept, what does it want from me, in terms of photography? I'm only flying a sodding hang glider here! I took a perfect shot of the chimney and I got a 2 out of 60

EDIT: Great, now I'm on fire
            Last edited by noobish hat; 17-09-2010, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
              This.

Comment

Enjoying Pilotwings quite a lot now. It's quite addictive, trying to pull your scores up bit by bit to get better medals, and I love that you can just retry individual tasks instead of having to do everything together - if you did, I probably wouldn't bother. Do the medals unlock anything other than the bonus levels? Is there any reason to go for all Perfects? I'm not sure I'd even be able to do that. I got a couple on the early levels, but beyond that I'm struggling for silver!

Comment

I think the ending Is slightly different, It turns to night instead of day or something. It's so crazy hard to 100% it that no one has probably accomplished it

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                    Sorry, I don't believe you

Anyway, someone do this but with that awesome Saturn magazine.

Comment

That mag's too hard to get hold of. And did they cover Jap games in depth? Not much point if they didn't...

Comment

The official Saturn mag? Pretty sure they did as I can remember them going on about the likes of Metal Slug, Grandia, Xmen vs Street Fighter etc and how they would never get a PAL release. I also remember them giving away the entire first disc of Panzer Dragoon Saga, now that was some freebie!

Comment

Level 3 of Turok 2 was better in some ways and worse in others, when compared to level 2. The major plus point was a greater degree of linearity, which saved me many minutes of randomly directed back-tracking; there were also far more frequent save points. On the down side, it was dull as ditch water to look at – quite literally. Level 4 doesn't look like much of an improvement on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                            That mag's too hard to get hold of. And did they cover Jap games in depth? Not much point if they didn't...
                            Why would it be pointless if they didn't cover jap games?

Comment

Because the Saturn, like the Playstation, had a very high number of Japanese exclusives and ignoring that percentage of games for a system would make a project like this pointless, since the aim is to play all the noteworthy games released. That's why the N64 is perfect, because the total games released is relatively small, as is the number of Jap exclusives, and on top of that, N64 Magazine covered almost every game (and is widely regarded as one of the best game mags around into the bargain).

Comment

Any mag that sticks review on the front cover for one of gaming's most desired games and then bags the issue so you can't see it's actually a review isn't one of the best game mags around. In my opinion of course

Comment

Working...
                                X