This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    or obtain a copy of Coinops 5 Lite which is designed to work on stock hdds.
    You didn't read the post properly did you
    It isn't that easy but you can replace the HDD in a softmodded xbox.
    Easier would be to flash the TSOP - bridge a couple of solder points and you're good to go.

Comment

Yes, Coinops has locks on it I believe so if its tampered with (the creator, BritneysPairs is a bit sensitive when it comes to this sort of thing) it wont work.
      That already puts me off it!

Reminds me of the annoying guy who ported ZSNES to Xbox. He refused to allow you to take unlimited screenshots, limiting you to a maximum of 10 before they overwrote themselves. And when someone pointed out that this was moronic, he got in a right huff and said something like: "I'm not allowing you to take more screens and making my emu like Xport's emulators! If you want it like that, go use his emu!"

So I did and never looked back! What a plonker that guy was. Limiting screens made it useless to me, because I took screenshots for articles, and on average I took 200+ screens per game I played.

I haven't got time to put up with the bull**** demands and delusions of self-important prima donna programmers. Either give people freedom of control and ease of use, or don't bother with the scene. Locking the emu because you deleted some video files is a load of bull****. I delete all video and audio files in the Xport emus because I can't stand that music, and I can't be bothered slamming A to skip some dumb intro vid every single time I boot it up.

EDIT:
      Here's the topic:

What a bunch of dicks. No screenshot ability means the emulator is little more than garbage clogging my HDD.
      Last edited by Sketcz; 20-03-2013, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by toneeb View Post
        Hey guys, i have a 'stock' Xbox which I have softmodded.
        I wonder how you posted that in 1970...!

EDIT: Ack, now it reads the date correctly! Maybe a tapatalk or forum bug?
        Last edited by egparadigm; 20-03-2013, 14:36.

Comment

Hello all.

With regards to the spreadsheet, how can I tell if a game is region free or not? Does all three yes's under the titles 'USA', 'PAL' & 'JP' indicate that the game is region free, or simply that the game was released in that region as NTSC, NTSC-J, or PAL?

If this is the case, a lot of games have a yes for USA and PAL, but how can a game work on both NTSC and PAL, but not NTSC-J? I thought a game could only be assigned one region code, so it's either Region Free, NTSC, NTSC-J or PAL?

Thank you.
          Last edited by jackhulk; 17-02-2014, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by jackhulk View Post
            Hello all.

With regards to the spreadsheet, how can I tell if a game is region free or not? Does all three yes's under the titles 'USA', 'PAL' & 'JP' indicate that the game is region free, or simply that the game was released in that region as NTSC, NTSC-J, or PAL?

If this is the case, a lot of games have a yes for USA and PAL, but how can a game work on both NTSC and PAL, but not NTSC-J? I thought a game could only be assigned one region code, so it's either Region Free, NTSC, NTSC-J or PAL?

Thank you.
            Hi,

I never looked into region free as it's so easy to unleash it on the dash. The reason for listing regions was purely for collecting purposes, those indicate a release in that territory.

Can't help with region status atm other than this link http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...box-Games-List sorry, just be aware that this is an old list and some title releases may have differences by release/region.

Comment

My Name is ^Katsu and I have the power to bend time & space!

List of Region Free Xbox Games redeemed for the depths of the internet:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
              Rainbow Six 3
              Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
              Mech Assault
              Unreal Championship
              Carve
              Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
              Rallisport Challenge 2
              Steel Batallion: LOC

NTSC games which are region free (unconfirmed)

***NO IDEA WHERE THE LIST BELOW COMES FROM AND I STRESS THAT THESE ARE NOT CONFIRMED AS BEING REGION FREE XBOX GAMES. LIST AT THE TOP CONTAINS THOSE GAMES THAT HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AS REGION FREE.***

BACKYARD WRESTLING DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
              BALDUR'S GATE DARK ALLIANCE II
              BATMAN RISE OF SIN TZU
              BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
              BEYOND GOOD & EVIL
              Buffy the vampire slayer CHAOS BLEEDS
              COUNTER-STRIKE
              CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON
              DEAD MAN'S HAND
              DUNGEONS & DRAGONS HEROES
              FALLOUT BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL
              HUNTER THE RECKONING REDEEMER
              JURASSIC PARK OPERATION GENESIS
              KUNG FU CHAOS
              MACE GRIFFIN BOUNTY HUNTER [NTSC only!]
              MAGIC THE GATHERING BATTLEGROUNDS
              METAL ARMS GLITCH IN TH SYSTEM
              MISSION IMPOSSIBLE OPERATON SURMA
              MTX MOTOTRAX
              PRINCE OF PERSIA THE SANDS OF TIME
              PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2
              RALLISPORT CHALLENGE 2 confirmed
              RAYMAN 3 HOODLUM HAVOC
              Return to Castle Wolfenstein TIDES OF WAR confirmed
              ROBIN HOOD DEFENDER OF THE CROWN
              ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON
              SHREK2
              SOLDIER OF FORTUNE II DOUBLE HELIX
              SPHINX AND THE CURSED MUMMY
              STAKE FORTUNE FIGHTERS
              SWAT GLOBAL STRIKE TEAM
              TAO FENG FIST OF THE LOTUS
              TERMINATOR 3 RISE OF THE MACHINES
              THE Hobbit
              THE SIMPSONS HIT & RUN
              Tom Clancy's GHOST RECON ISLAND THUNDER
              Tom Clancy's RAINBOW SIX 3
              Tom Clancy's SPLINTER CELL PANDORRA TOMOR... confirmed
              TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND
              TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA
              Unreal II THE AWAKENING
              VAN HELSING
              XIII

Will tidy this up neatly at some point, however your going to be better off softmodding your systems to back up your drives and Region Free Get!... The drives don't last forever unfortunately

Comment

RPM Tuning isn't on the list as having a Pal release, which it does. It was called Top Gear: RPM Tuning in the States

Comment

Hope it is OK to post this but the Xbox-Scene Forums most of us thought were gone for good (they've been down for over a year I think) are now back up with an updated look. All that vast archive of original Xbox knowledge and technical expertise appears to be there just as it used to be.

Comment

anyone using coinops 6 on the xbox - having a lot of fun with it!

Comment

I use it and Visionary 4 from time to time (Visionary 5 is out soon) but I'm REALLY frustrated with the controls. Was thinking of building an arcade stick via a pad hack but dont have the time/skillz or money. I have a magicbox pad convertor to play to occaisional beat em ups via a saturn pad but theres a tiny bit of lag and you cant exit the menus or change controls/buttons very easily.

I'll be over joyed when the developer moves to android.

Comment

I use it and Visionary 4 from time to time (Visionary 5 is out soon) but I'm REALLY frustrated with the controls. Was thinking of building an arcade stick via a pad hack but dont have the time/skillz or money. I have a magicbox pad convertor to play to occaisional beat em ups via a saturn pad but theres a tiny bit of lag and you cant exit the menus or change controls/buttons very easily.

I'll be over joyed when the developer moves to android.
                        I'm running the Nostalgia frontend on Ouya with almost everything emulated perfectly. Only SegaCD has a few issues. I moved to this from Xbox and, overall, it is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                          I'm running the Nostalgia frontend on Ouya with almost everything emulated perfectly. Only SegaCD has a few issues. I moved to this from Xbox and, overall, it is better.
                          I originally bought an OUYA exactly for emulating old games, but haven't taken it out much! Do you use the OUTA joypad? It didn't feel that great.

Comment

Just wondering...have they made any more OGXB games backwards compatible on 360 of recent, coulda swore my PAL JSRF/SEGA GT 2002 didn't work when I tried it in about 2011/2012, now it does?????!!!!

Comment

They added the game on in April 2007, but the bundled version didn't work until June that year.

Comment

What joystick solutions are there for the original xbox? Any tips welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X