18 Wheeler SEGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 Wheeler SEGA

We all love that (long lost?) Sega magic, don't we? Does 18 Wheeler have it? Is it worth playing for fans of Sega arcade goodness, specificly the Gamecube version. TIA.

If you can pick it up for under a fiver, I don't think you'll be upset. Like a big, slow, lumbering Crazy Taxi!

Comment

I thought this was a baaad game, which is a shame, it looks and sounds cool, but it doesnt play right imo, unplayable with the Dreamcast wheel nearly. Id probably still pick it up for a fiver to have a look.

Comment

I enjoyed it on the DC, it had some great moments

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
          If you can pick it up for under a fiver, I don't think you'll be upset. Like a big, slow, lumbering Crazy Taxi!
          Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          I thought this was a baaad game, which is a shame, it looks and sounds cool, but it doesnt play right imo, unplayable with the Dreamcast wheel nearly. Id probably still pick it up for a fiver to have a look.
          ^ These thoughts are stuck in my memory ref this game...

Comment

Slow? Lumbering? Oh dear. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
              You can add to the experience by balancing a bacon roll on your lap and making a rollie with one hand

Comment

It was a fun Arcade game with a sit down cabinet, oversized wheel and working horn!

Like most Arcade games though, it losses something in its home incarnation and was a little bit tepid on a controller and TV.

Fun for 5 minutes in the Arcade but don't expect much without the novelty cabinet. However, if you can find it for cheap then I would suggest giving it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  You can add to the experience by balancing a bacon roll on your lap and making a rollie with one hand
                  And then murdering a hitchhiker and stopping to roll up the body in a carpet and bury it near a lay-by.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Is that not your standard gaming stance?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                      You think driving an 18 Wheeler would be like razzing a Smart car?

What I mean is, it emulates and handles as expected, but has the time challenges and general mayhem associated with a spin in Crazy Taxi.

fwiw, I enjoyed it.

Comment

I have it for the DC and I like it. Plays like you think it should, has nice graphics and also that old Sega 'feeling'.

GET OUTTA MA WAY GREEN HORN

Comment

Wools summed it up for me - another 'big' arcade game which lost lots of appeal in the home but worth it for a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                            I have it for the DC and I like it. Plays like you think it should, has nice graphics and also that old Sega 'feeling'.

GET OUTTA MA WAY GREEN HORN
                            "YOU'VE GOT THE HORN" surely?

Comment

Arcade mode, for me anyway was a little wanting, but the parking sections were by far the best part of the game, although the camera had a lot to be desired in certain situations. If you like those flash @park the car@ type games, then the parking sections in 18 Wheeler are a must.

Comment

Working...
                              X