PC Engine RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine RGB

Will a 'vanilla' PC Engine Core Grafx output RGB without a MOD?

Or, will it just be a composite?

I tried finding answers, I think I read the white core grafx has a different
    socket for RGB, and the blue and darker one with the orange on it support the RGB?

I'm unsure - figured best to ask here...

Thank you.

Without mods:

White - RF only
    Core Grafx I & II - Composite

Comment

Thank you Fami

Comment

Not sure what a vanilla Core Grafx is? But yes it is easy to get RGB out of the PCE without effectively modding it - you can just tap into the expansion bus - the pin out is easy to find on the 'net. I used pins removed from a 'D' printer socket. Colours will not be 'boosted' this way but I ran mine for a while this way and it is fine - having said that it's easy enough to open up and solder to the board.

Last edited by Max P.; 30-11-2010, 09:35.

Comment

Or you can follow my guide

Last edited by dosucol; 30-11-2010, 08:21.

Comment

Was about to post that. Aha.

Comment

Originally posted by dosucol View Post

What is the big plastic thing with a Scart socket?

Why not just terminate the lead from the pin out into a Scart plug with the booster inside?

But surely it's neater and more permanant (and quicker) to just open up the PC and solder to the board as per link above?

Comment

Looks like a 32X cart or something - or a Saturn action replay.

The point with the above is that it requires no soldering as it's modular. I agree the mounted female SCART is a bit of an oddball choice but oh well. I'd go for a straight SCART lead as you've suggested - unless that cart contains a bigger video amp? Get a project box next time maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                  What is the big plastic thing with a Scart socket?

Why not just terminate the lead from the pin out into a Scart plug with the booster inside?

But surely it's neater and more permanant (and quicker) to just open up the PC and solder to the board as per link above?
                  The clue is in the link

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Looks like a 32X cart or something - or a Saturn action replay.

The point with the above is that it requires no soldering as it's modular. I agree the mounted female SCART is a bit of an oddball choice but oh well. I'd go for a straight SCART lead as you've suggested - unless that cart contains a bigger video amp? Get a project box next time maybe.
                    It's an old switch box (lan type switch) and you can use just a scart cable as i stated in my GamesX post,but this is me trying out a few options ,so it's good to have some critics ,but at the end of the day ,i'm the one making it how i want and having it in a project box is how i see it finalised ,but while it's a work in progress ,you use what's at hand and improve it as you go .

The guide is there and all options are covered if someone wants to make it themselves .

New box

Pictures are a bit dark as the ISO was set too low .Just need to counter sink and cover those two screws and possibly find a sticker which has the Pc engine logo on to make the box more complete and match the original white console.(finding some white sleeving would be even better )

Last edited by dosucol; 30-11-2010, 12:41.

Comment

Working...
                    X