Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo-Geo Station

Man it's good.
    Ignore quickplay when playing online and you've got an incredibly great Neo Geo experience for a fraction of the price. Yes it's annoying that compilations exist elsewhere, but I'm more than happy that I can play Metal Slug with one of my best mates in Cornwall.

The options are also pretty decent.
    You can adjust the size and ratio of the screen
    Switch between Japan and US
    Add/remove scanlines and smoothing and much more.

All in all I'm rather happy with this and don't feel too bad now about selling off my MVS.

Do the games work on PSP too? When they were announced, it seemed like they would, but the download on PSN only says PS3.

Comment

I bought KOF94 last night, impressions were a bit mixed.

Thought the net code was not that great, varied quite alot from really bad to reasonably good. The overall package was quite decent though, looks like they put alot of work into adding various options to it. (Though i was a bit dissapointed they didn't add a Practice Mode.)

Would be decent if they started releasing some of the later stuff.

Also KOF94 for some reason is messed up on the PSN store, they've put the ps3 version was in the psp section and the psp version was in the PS3 section...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
        Do the games work on PSP too? When they were announced, it seemed like they would, but the download on PSN only says PS3.
        You have to buy seperate versions for each platform iirc.

Comment

It is great, but I caved in and picked up Super Sidekicks after telling myself it was too expensive. I still think 7 quid is a bit much.
          Last edited by oldskool; 23-12-2010, 17:59.

Comment

Sounds and looks wicked I'm gonna get some of these. I want Garou Mark of the Wolves if it gets released. Plus a bit of Samurai shodown sounds awesome.
            Last edited by JU!; 13-12-2011, 19:45.

Comment

Good to hear the rom language can be switched. The vids I saw were censored like my AES in English mode. I take it Japan adds blood in Shodown and Slug?

I might get Slug + Sidekicks as I don't own them on AES.

Comment

yeah you get blood in metal slug. Not checked Shodown

Comment

I've been really impressed with this stuff although I do have to point out that I've never owned the hardware so I can't really compare these releases to what the games should be like.

The price of ?7:19 is the only issue for me so far. I'm a PLUS subscriber so they are a bit cheaper at ?5:75 and we do get Samurai Shodown & Magician Lord free so I don't like to complain too much.

I'm really interested in things like Alpha Mission II & Metal Slug which I have now as I'm really not a fan of fighters but I have quite enjoyed the free one so I am sort of tempted to give them a go.

For the people who know the original hardware and software, do these versions compare well or not? I know they're supposed to have kept all the bugs in the games but I'm probably only going to notice them if the game freezes or something.

Comment

I have an AES so I can come back to this subject later. Have not downloaded a game yet.

But others might give a good comparison too.

Comment

Is this an official thing?

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                        Is this an official thing?
                        Yarr

Comment

Fairly impressive, but a tad overpriced. Although the latter is sort of connected to the Neo Geo.

They kept everything in tact, from the NG boot up to the attract mode. And with Scanlines on, this feels exactly like the good ol' CRT or cabinet days.

I think that this is pretty much spot on with the real deal. Trophies shouldn't, so I understand why they are not here. Although I don't own Slug on the AES, I can't remember some of the slowdowns I noticed.

Online play didn't work for me at all.

Comment

My eyes widened when this appeared on PSN but the price tags on the games is an absolute joke. They're far too overpriced, especially considering how much they've been rereleased in recent years so decent ports are available in a number of other ways.

Comment

Agree, considering the budget cost of the disc based compilations the pricing here is wildly off mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X