JIGOKU MEGURI Pc Engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JIGOKU MEGURI Pc Engine.

So, I've been given ?20 off a friend, have been instructed to buy a game or put towards a game. I will happily oblidge.

I've looked at this a few times myself (I know its an arcade port)
    I have no experience with the original regardless.

I can't make my mind up if this is a game for me. It can be bought for ?20 too.

Just wondering if you have played it, or have positive things to say about it, or negative.

Merry Christmas NTSC.

Gameplay vid here with a guy playing it:

Emma, the lord of the underworld mentioned in the introduction screen, is Emma-O, the Japanese Buddhist god of the Underworld and has gone mad from demons. y...

Comment

Thank you. Are you the Lorfarius on youtube that does pc engine stuff?

Comment

From the video it looks like Bonze Adventure.

It's a decent little platformer, though nothing special imo. It's on Taito Legends 2 (available for pennies) so I wouldn't spend £20 on it. I'd save the money for something exclusive.

Comment

I haven't got a PS2 (Or BC PS3) set up at the moment...

I think I will give this one a go though...it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            Thank you. Are you the Lorfarius on youtube that does pc engine stuff?

Yep that's me Though I'm more about the NES these days:

Comment

Haha..I love you. Your voice is lovely, and I love your light hearted commentary..

Stuff on the power golf you did, "think I overdid it a bit there" could listen to you all day.

I've watched tons of your videos. Your delivery, if you don't mind me saying, just comes across as light hearted, genuine and honest. I'd take that all day.

Comment

Get a room!

Comment

Ahem..back to the topic, I have it in my collection but haven't played it for maaaany years. I first bought it cos it reminded me of when I played it as a kid in a Hong Kong arcade. I may see if I can dig it out when I go visit my folks tomorrow for a boxing day lunch. From memory, it was a decent port and was definitely enjoyable.
                  Last edited by chocklo; 25-12-2010, 23:04.

Comment

Hell explorer is okay on pc engine,it a little weird in places as you might expect from Asia but i like that sort of thing lol

Retro Game Polls

Comment

The PCE version is a really nice conversion, though it also appears in its arcade form on the Taito Legends 2 PS2/XB compilation (and that can be bought - at least on PS2 - for around £2-£5ish, plus has loads of other great games on it). Probably not worth £20 but still one of the nicer PCE arcade ports and a pretty cool platformer.

I guess in playing terms it feels like a cross between Joe & Mac, Wardner and Legend Of Hero Tonma but slightly slower-paced than either. Nice game, has a very spooky atmos and very fitting, eerie music, plus it's pretty tough compared to a lot of similar games.

Comment

Working...
                      X