No announcement yet.

N64 variants. How many are there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always check out http://kaori30.com/ when I want a bit of a drool over some console variants, definitely the most in depth lists/collection I know of, covering loads of regions and consoles .

Comment

Oooh a minty boxed N64 DD. Want!

Comment

Japan had some nice limited editions but one of the rarest is this one

The ANA ones are the only others that are super hard to find nowdays, all the others are in that pic above.

Comment

I have an official N64 controller that's silver with small black leopard print style spots on it.

I got it a few years ago when I bought a US N64 and a few loose carts, I always wondered if it came with a special edition console? Has anyone seen the controller i'm talking about before?

Comment

Importaku, that is one hell of a nice N64 colour-way. Shame its so rare =/

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              The ANA ones are the only others that are super hard to find nowdays, all the others are in that pic above.
              I remember seeing an ANA GBC before..

Comment

The N64 is still an absolutely gorgeous design

Comment

Originally posted by EnforcerOfJustice View Post
                  Apparently the UK PAL system includes the same blue/yellow console w/ controller, a Pokemon Stadium game pak and transfer pak but no vhs tape.
                  I have a UK one of these. I'm pretty sure it's called a Pokemon Stadium Battle Set.
                  As said, it comes with the blue over yellow N64 with pokemon on it, the original pokemon stadium game, transfer pack and a blue over yellow pad.

The pikachu one (wierd 3D pikachu shape, cheeks light up when power on) come with a pad in the reverse colouring. I'm fairly sure it didn't come with a pack in game (I have one of these too)

The transparent light blue console, and maybe other transparent ones were bundled with Mario 64 in the UK (it may also have been sold without it?)

There was 2 UK versions of the Goldeneye pack in.
                  The 1st limited one had the gold controller.
                  The 2nd was a regular boxed N64 with a Goldeneye sleeve slipped over the box, and the cart + manual in the box.

I think there was also versions with the expansion pack packed in, but maybe that was just the DK64 edition or something?
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Japan had some nice limited editions but one of the rarest is this one

Nice, that's the Japanese N64 I have as well.

Comment

Am I right in thinking these have no base box piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Corranga View Post
                        The 2nd was a regular boxed N64 with a Goldeneye sleeve slipped over the box, and the cart + manual in the box.
                        This is a good point. I got the PAL N64 with GoldenEye sleeve. I think there was a Mario 64 one going at the same time. So the box was the same, standard N64 box underneath and on top was one updated with more recent games and obviously GoldenEye branding.

Comment

Working...
                        X