Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFC Looks 'Ok' on LCD- Want Tweak Help If Poss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFC Looks 'Ok' on LCD- Want Tweak Help If Poss?

Well much to my surprise my Super Famicom looks (to my eyes) not too bad on my TV (Sony kdl-40v5500) much better for example than some of my ps1 games running on my ps3, however I'd like to get the best pic quality as I can without buying a fat CRT.

Are there any settings in particular I should be looking at tweaking for maximum viewing pleasure? I'm currenty running it through composite as I don't think a scart would improve the pic in the same way it would on a CRT? The blurrness seems to help on a lcd Any help welcome.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 29-01-2011, 14:19.

You'd be wrong to think it wouldn't improve picture as much as a CRT. Very very wrong..

Here's a pic of my friend's SFC running Gradius III on my 40" Sony LCD via RGB SCART obviously.

Composite is awful, the very lowest of video quality.

The image above looked really sharp and well scaled considering there's no external scaling being done.

Comment

The only way you could make the image better is first use RGB scart then run it through a XRGB2+ or XRGB3 for the scan lines. You'd be surprised just how much difference a XRGB box can make. Sure, they are pretty expensive but well worth the cash.

Comment

Hmm, have to spring for a scart lead then, I'd like an xrgb2 too, but alas too expensive right now.

Comment

Honestly, it looks sufficient via RGB SCART.

Comment

Are there any settings in particular I should be looking at tweaking for maximum viewing pleasure? I'm currenty running it through composite as I don't think a scart would improve the pic in the same way it would on a CRT? The blurrness seems to help on a lcd Any help welcome.
            You're right, it wouldn't improve it the same way it did on CRT - it will make an even bigger difference on LCD!

Get an RGB SCART cable and make sure the TV's Sharpness control is down at minimum (or near enough).

Comment

You'll need to remove the capacitors from the RGB lines if you get a GC RGB cable on eBay - should be cheaper than a SFC one.

Comment

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/ni...l-snes-rgb.htm

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  You'll need to remove the capacitors from the RGB lines if you get a GC RGB cable on eBay - should be cheaper than a SFC one.
                  You don't need to remove anything for a USA or JP console, works out of the box. It's PAL consoles that won't work with a standard cable.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    You'd be wrong to think it wouldn't improve picture as much as a CRT. Very very wrong..

Here's a pic of my friend's SFC running Gradius III on my 40" Sony LCD via RGB SCART obviously.

Composite is awful, the very lowest of video quality.

The image above looked really sharp and well scaled considering there's no external scaling being done.
                    aye it looks ok in stills, but when in motion you'll get horrible interlacing....

Comment

Can anybody recommend a decent alternative to a gamecube rgb scart, that'll work with a sfc? The feckin gc ones on ebay are circa £30, I can't pay that much!

Comment

Not had any complaints with any of the GC RGB cables on eBay. 3rd party.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                          Can anybody recommend a decent alternative to a gamecube rgb scart, that'll work with a sfc? The feckin gc ones on ebay are circa ?30, I can't pay that much!
                          You aint looking hard enough!

Comment

I find the Joytech ones are usually good enough. Was using a GAME own brand one when I first got my NGC, as it had a separate phono output cable to link up with the stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              He's talking about the official cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X