Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to remember an old game shop/chain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to remember an old game shop/chain...

Bear with me on this, I have very little to go by and my memory is hazy!

There was a game shop on the main road in Headingley (Leeds) in the 90s which had an arcade machine or two on the shop floor.

Instead of putting cash into the arcade machine, you had to pay at the counter for a custom 'credit' card which you then placed into the cabinet. I remember the Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa being one of the game choices, but thats all I have to go by.

From what else I can recall, the credit card had white circles, maybe even embossed ones for each credit purchased. And the shop's colour scheme was a dark blue and silver (if I remember correctly).

Sorry it's so vague, but thats all I have in memory at the moment Any ideas or even pictures of what I could be describing? Thanks!

(For the local lads, it wasn't the branch of Arcadia that was in Headingley at the time.)

thats really going to bug me now! there used to be one in derby when i was a kid where you paid your quid and got a card to put into the neo geo arcade cab that was re-housed in a dark blue case. There was also four of them too. If its the same chain as the one that was in derby (early - mid 90s ) then i will have a sticker for them on my soccer kid AGA for the amiga, will have a butchers next time im in the games loft - spent lots of time in there playing on samaurai shodown and metal slug

Comment

Originally posted by mainvein View Post
      thats really going to bug me now! there used to be one in derby when i was a kid where you paid your quid and got a card to put into the neo geo arcade cab that was re-housed in a dark blue case. There was also four of them too. If its the same chain as the one that was in derby (early - mid 90s ) then i will have a sticker for them on my soccer kid AGA for the amiga, will have a butchers next time im in the games loft - spent lots of time in there playing on samaurai shodown and metal slug
      Oh man! I'm crossing my fingers you can solve this one The dark blue colour seems to ring right in my head too!

Any chance you could photograph the sticker should you be able to find it?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X