Sega Saturn importing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Saturn importing question

Hi guys, taken the plunge of importing for the Saturn. I was thinking of using an Action Replay at first but obviously the games will still be at 50Hz so I was wondering what options are out there for modding the console these days? Do any shops still do modifications for the system and which would you recommend?

My PS1 came pre-chipped and I just used a bootdisc for the Dreamcast so I've never actually gone about getting one modded before. Thanks for any help.

Have you thought about purchasing a Japanese machine? You should be able to pick one up around the 50 quid mark and really saves all the hassle. Definitely the easiest way to play NTSC-J games

Comment

Oh I'd definitely love to grab one, especially one of those white Flash Saturns but I just don't have the space in the flat for anymore hardware unfortunately and I've got too much of a PAL collection to just start over with a complete JP replacement.

Comment

If you are going for Saturn imports make sure to check out my shop - http://www.segagagadomain.com/store/the-store.htm

I'm doing stuff at almost Japanese store retail prices plus it's all Saturn! I'll be adding another 70 to 100 titles this coming weekend too.

Comment

Had no issues with my chipped PAL Saturn, which I think was done by Console Passion. You get one switch for UK/US/JP region and another switch for 50/60hz. I think there are switchless mods now too but I'm not sure how they work.

-EDIT-
          And just like that, Atticus has listed one in the trading section with a video demonstration of the switchless mod.
          Last edited by acidbearboy; 02-03-2011, 12:53.

Comment

Comment

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/ have a list of items you will need to do it yourself, looks simple enough

Comment

Thanks for all the excellent help guys, I don't have anywhere to solder in my current place but I'll definitely be doing that PS3 controller mod from mmmonkey's place as well.

Comment

Working...
                X