No announcement yet.

Disgusting! (Pic heavy...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love cleaning stuff like this. Those after shots are gorgeous, the carts look brand new.

I lent a SNES pad to my mates once and when they brought it back it looked like the beginning of a Cilit Bang advert. I even had to use a little screwdriver to scrape off the dpad gunk. My favourite clean was an RGB-modded N64 that I got from work. I borrowed the gamebit screwdriver thing, took it completely apart and washed each part separately with soapy water and isopropyl for the PCB.

Comment

How do you wash electronic items and still have them work afterwards? Got a few bits of mine that could do with a good bath...

Comment

Aha, I was looking for this thread the other day, excellent work!

Comment

It amazes me how filthy some people are. I'm horrified, but it's good to know that some people like things to be clean and fresh.

I've bought a few second hand games that stunk like chip fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            How do you wash electronic items and still have them work afterwards? Got a few bits of mine that could do with a good bath...
            Generally, as long as they're not powered on while you're washing, it shouldn't really matter. Of course, the reality is that water gets everywhere and there's a chance that you might get drops of it in places that mean the water will take a long time to evaporate and might start eroding the area it's on before then.

I don't wash the actual circuitry if I can help it - I'll separate the electronics from the housing and use isopropyl alcohol which dries almost instantly while also cleaning any gunk along with it. I'll just use soapy water on the housing as it's gentle but also cleans most grime.

Comment

Working...
            X