Finished my CMVS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my CMVS

Finally completed it,painting the case proved to be the most difficult part to get perfect,hence its not.As around one of the sides,i had to remove some of the primer because there was a crappy bubble effect,so you can see a slight difference where the layers of built up primer ,red acrylic gloss and clear coat lacquer don't quite build up the removed primer to give a level finish .

Uni bios 3.0 installed,power status led above the controller ports,battery mod ,5volt mod ,rgb scart ,new sleeving over the rgb scart and aes joystick cables,new white sanwa 24 mm buttons,joystick dustcap and balltop. 5mm black gloss acrylic base with round aluminium spacers.

Now i'm going to ask around to see what price i could get for it,if i was to sell it.

GOOD GEAR BOYS!

Last edited by dosucol; 27-03-2011, 20:02.

Looks very tidy, nice work.

Comment

Mad skills

Comment

Thanks! Now if only i had one of those playstation to neo geo pad convertors like ikobo recently bought on here ,then i could make the AES joystick wireless. Hint hint
        Last edited by dosucol; 27-03-2011, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
          Mad skills
          Appreciated !
          It just needs another dusting on the inside as you can see.I'm really looking forward to doing another ,but with just a plain gloss black case this time around .And having the internal wiring on a small header pcb ,so you can easily detach them if you need to do any internal work later on.

Comment

That should be hung in an art galley, just magic stuff. What mods did you do the stick?!

Comment

Originally posted by dosucol View Post
              Thanks! Now if only i had one of those playstation to neo geo pad convertors like ikobo recently bought on here ,then i could make the AES joystick wireless. Hint hint
              If that's a hint for me to sell mine, I'm afraid it's needed!

Comment

ooooh, makes me want to do the same. Very nice work :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                  If that's a hint for me to sell mine, I'm afraid it's needed!
                  Git

Comment

Shame you didn't use a 4 slot. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      That should be hung in an art galley, just magic stuff. What mods did you do the stick?!
                      Internally i just removed the old button pcb and rewired some quick release crimp terminals to the new sanwa buttons(which are a perfect fit).Very easy ,but getting that expandable mesh sleeving on was a right twat ,very tight at the plastic db15's end.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Shame you didn't use a 4 slot. hehe
                        Staying away from those flaky buggers .

Comment

Congratulations on finishing it, you've done an amazing job. I tried something similar a while back and, in my mind, it was going to look just like yours. In reality it was a total mess so well done for getting it looking so good.

What games have you got for it?

Comment

puzzle bobble and samurai showdown 1 and 2 .

Comment

Looks nice mate, almost makes me want to go back to building these bad boys
                              I used to get fed up of the case painting too, a good way to go was to take it to a chromers and get it in a cheaper nickel finish, gives a lovely shiny finish to the cover and they can even etch the MVS logo in, only cost a few bob too
                              What PSU did you use out of interest? As the company I used to get mine from went bust
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                              X