Best 3rd party SNES controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 3rd party SNES controller?

Looking for new SNES controllers. Preferably third parties as the official ones get worn very quickly.

Anybody have experiences with some?

The unofficial ones I've tried have all been crap. Usually the d-pad is to blame. I don't find official ones wear out quickly. There are very simple to open, clean and repair when they get sluggish.

Comment

Yeah, can't say any of the unofficial ones I've tried have been any cop either. Official all the way. Love to know what you are doing with yours Alex as I still have the same ones from 20 years ago and they are fine
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Unless it's an ASCII or Hori pad then I wouldn't put much faith in the third-party controllers. I used to have an SN Pro Pad a while ago, but found the buttons were quite noisy, and then the cable frayed apart even though I probably only used it around twice. Into the bin it goes...

Comment

I don't know of any SNES controller more durable or comfortable than the official one. However, my favourite 3rd party pad is the SN Pro Pad. It's see-through so looks cool, but has some nice auto-fire switches (including semi-auto and also a slow-mo switch) and the shoulder buttons are ace.

Comment

Working...
          X