Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knowledgeable about Amstrad CPC 464 variants? (weird eBay listing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knowledgeable about Amstrad CPC 464 variants? (weird eBay listing)

Had one for a brief period back in the day, decent enough machine, but that's not why I'm posting - stumbled across this eBay listing:

It has no numpad/cursor keys/tape deck? As far as I was aware, all 464s came with a built-in tape deck. I've tried googling the subject, but that doesn't seem to bring up anything, and there's no point asking the seller as he has no idea what the machine even is. Any ideas? Has someone simply taken a hacksaw to it? Just piked my curiosity, that's all...

Very odd. Never saw one like that back in the day, and judging by the uneven spacing between keyboard and left/right edges, and the "cap" look to the right hand side, I'd guess it's been converted. Whether by a hobbyist or a game dev shop, or Amstrad themselves, no idea.

Just looks so wrong, with no tape deck!

Comment

Seen that myself, its not official thats for sure. I have seen a speccy cut and shut before and assume this is the same. Hard to tell unless you buy it and open her up.

Comment

Went for ?38 or so in the end. Was looking at putting a bid in, decided not to and then picked up at Commodore Plus 4 for ?15 delviered

Comment

Lot of money for what could be some bizarre bodge job hack... wonder why the owner did it, as I'd have thought the machine would be pretty useless without the tape deck.

Comment

Working...
          X