Warioland Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warioland Games

Can anyone tell me what Warioland games were available on the Gameboy, GBC and GBA?

I know that GB SuperMarioland 3 was Warioland, and that there have been a couple of Warioland games on the GBC.

Could anyone provide more info? Were the Japanese and Western versions the same?

Warioland 2 was GBC as I've got a copy right here, but I think from memory it came out on the GB first? Warioland 3 was also GBC and Warioland 4 was GBA. Couldn't tell you about region differences.

Comment

Wario Land II was a GB game on a grey cart and also on a black cart.

The black cart suggests to me that this was a different version that had increased compatibility with GBC, and in fact may even have been branded as a GBC game, but these cards were the same shape as original GB carts, and were essentially forwards compatible games.

3 was GBC only
      4 was GBA only.

I have the Japanese version of 4 and it's the same as UK the version i've played for what I can see (except obviously the language differences, and the Jap one having a much, much nicer box)

For completeness I'll mention the true 2nd game - Virtual Wario Land,and the latest being Shake Dimension on Wii. Pretty sure that's the whole set of Wario Land games

Chris

Comment

Im sure there was a gamecube release too.....

http://uk.gamespot.com/warioworld/platform/gamecube

ahh yeah so there was!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by pattybean View Post
            Im sure there was a gamecube release too.....

http://uk.gamespot.com/warioworld/platform/gamecube

ahh yeah so there was!
            Warioworld not land, so I didn't include it.
            If you want to go there, also Master of Disguise on DS is also a platformer.

I think the original GB/GBC/GBA games are much better than the others from what I've played though.

Actually, if you like this sort of thing, Super Princess Peach on DS is worth a look too, though possibly a bit easier, still a great game with similar ideas.

Comment

Have picked up Warioland 3. It isn't as much fun as the Marioland games, but it's not bad, and it is a change from Super Mario 3D Land. I have finished Marioland 1 and 2 on 3DS so I need something new.

Comment

No love for Wario Land 3D on the VB?

Comment

No, it gives you headaches.

Comment

And playing Super Mario World for 8 hours straight made me see blue whenever I closed my eyes. That doesn't mean I love it any less.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      No love for Wario Land 3D on the VB?
                      I did mention it

No love for it yet, it's still in my 'to be played' pile, but i'm in a contemporary games phase atm.

Comment

Working...
                      X