Kirby's dream land 3 on pal snes with mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirby's dream land 3 on pal snes with mod

I have sfc kirby's dream land 3. How can I play on my pal console? I have a switchless mod from consolepassion. The old one with only 2 settings. I've searched google for an answer. I found a thread about super mario rpg which uses the same sa-1 chip. Among the suggested solutions: putting a piece of tape on one of the connecters. One guy said turning the console on and off rapidly. Didn't work for me. Another suggested lifting pin 127 on the sa-1 chip or supplying it with 5V. It looks incredibly hard to do. But will that work? http://www.bordersdown.net/showthrea...l=1#post550014
    In my experiments with the two Mario RPG carts, I found that the state of pin 127 on the SA-1 chip (i.e. grounded, floating, or supplied with 5 volts) dictated which type of SNES it would run on: Grounded. This is the original state of the cart - it will only run on a US or JP SNES with a functioning lockout chip, unless you've got the version which also happens to run on a modded SNES. Floating If you leave pin 127 floating, it will only run on a PAL SNES with a working lockout chip. 5 Volts When supplied with 5 volts, the game will only run on a SNES with a disabled lockout chip.

I think you have 3 options:

Lift that pin and try it (never tried it myself).
    Look for an import adapter that claims it works with Mario RPG (consolegoods.co.uk probably).
    Get the new switchless mod done (I've tried this game on pal console with it, and it was fine).

Ta
    Pete

Comment

It's all so tiny, I'm afraid I will break it. Any advice on which tool I should use?

Comment

Here's an extract of some more notes by Yod@

"To lift a pin of an IC, I normally use a sewing pin or needle - in this case I'd insert the pin between pin 127 and 126, apply the soldering iron for a few seconds, and then gently move the needle to the left in order to force pin 127 to lift."

So practice that on something else first if you can?

Comment

I lifted pin 127 with a needle but I couldn't get the game to start. Maybe I damaged pin 126 or 128.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Still get a black screen with disabled lockout. Get no screen with enabled lockout.

Comment

Working...
          X