Some questions about repro carts / Secret of Mana 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions about repro carts / Secret of Mana 2

I've had a Japanese copy of Mana 2 for years and never played it due to the language barrier. It doesn't seem to be worth a lot of money so I wondered if it was possible to get the English translation ROM put on to the cart, rather than buying the full US repro version.

I just wondered...
    A. Is it possible?
    B. Who does it?
    C. How much it would cost?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Should be possible, I imagine the ones for sale are just donor carts with a programmed EPROM in there, replacing the maskrom chip that the original game was on. Something like this http://snesdev.romhack.de/som2.htm

Which looks great fun, did myself a starfox 2 for fun, and that was just one chip, that there looks a lot more involved!

Comment

if you're a member on assemblergames, contact bad_ad84, he's got experience of building repro snes carts (among a whole bunch of mods).

It's prob not going to be cheap though, according to that link, it uses 4 eproms, and they aren't that cheap, then there's the donor cart and maybe another chip for it, and labour etc.....

Comment

bad_ad84 doesn't charge much for labour really, considering he has mental tools to do professional modding.

Comment

I have one and it is excellent so it is certainly possible. Let us know if you managed to get one.

Comment

Working...
          X