Best version of Road Rash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best version of Road Rash?

So I been playing me some Road Rash on the old MD again. Which got me to thinking, I know some sequels were released across Playstation and Saturn. Are these any good? I remember being very disappointed with the Nintendo 64 version. It just didn't feel right.

And which is considered the best version of RR? PC? Mega CD? 3DO? PSX? SS? Not the N64 though. Not in the running...

Personally I like the PS1 version the most. It has the same feel as the MD games but better visuals and longer tracks. The 3d games all felt poor to me.

Comment

3DO Road Rash is the best version. Looks good, plays well and the licensed soundtrack is awesome.

Comment

PS1 and Saturn versions are just improved ports of the 3DO game.

Comment

I liked Road Rash II on the Mega Drive the best , also The crashes and animation were far better than the digitised in the Saturn/3DO/PS versions

Comment

Another vote for 3DO here.

Comment

3do by a mile, almost worth buying the system alone for in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                3do by a mile, almost worth buying the system alone for in my opinion.
                What this man said even better if it's the NTSC version the ps port is ok too

Comment

Yep, has to be NTSC, it's such a shame the machines are so hard to RGB mod. It can be done, but it's a major hassle requiring PCB's etc from what I learned when trying to get mine done.

Comment

I like the first Megadrive game the most as it has by far the best music. The Pacific Coast level music is incredible. Road Rash 2 looks better but has inferior music. The 3rd one looks like **** with a horrible graphical style and again the music is rubbish.

Of the other games in the series, I think the PS1 / 3DO game is next best as it plays most like the original. Although the front end is annoying, slow to load and has all manner of crap music. I don't think it's worth owning a 3DO just to play it so I'd stick to the PS1 verson. Road Rash 3D looks and play like **** and the combat is broken. I remember Road Rash 64 being fun but can't remember for sure, the same goes for Road Rash Jailbreak.

I wish they'd revive this classic. I'm sure an XBLA version would sell really well based on it's name alone.
                    Last edited by moonwhistle; 08-02-2012, 16:30.

Comment

The Saturn and PlayStation Road Rash games are enhanced versions of the 3DO game, meaning they are better but in my opinion they're crap, so what does that make the 3DO version? To be honest though, I never really liked Road Rash.

Comment

After revisiting the Mega Drive games lately I have came to the conclusion that they unfortunatly have not aged well at all. I must confess most of my recent Road Rashing has been done on the 3DO, and after going back to the original trilogy it feels quite poor. I think I had convinced myself that the Megadrive versions handled just as well as their updated sibling.

Comment

Windows version. It's the 3DO version but smoother and with higher res graphics.

Comment

NTSC-U/C PS1.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

3DO,i am not convinced the Saturn and PS versions were an improvement to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X