Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKIII style Master System.

Just saw these pics, how cool is this!

That's the one Otaku's Store on ebay sell yeah?, quite a cool looking mod, wouldn't pay the ?100 it costs delivered though.

Comment

I think so mate, yeah. I just thought it looked incredibly well done. Always loved both the MKIII and the original master system designs, and this is a nice mix of the two.

Comment

Very nice, i keep a Mark III pad around for ****s n giggles, one the only retro items I still have!

Comment

If I could buy that style of system based on a Japanese Master System I would be all over it. FM goodness in a gorgeous case.

Comment

Wasn't the master system region free anyway? The one in the above pic is 50/60Hz. I'm no expert on this though, so could well be wrong.

Comment

It was but the majority of games were released with Europe and Brazil in mind (50hz) so some PAL games won't run correctly at 60hz which is the reason for the switch.

Comment

Don't forget that Japanese Master System cartridges also have different pin layouts. So they won't even fit in a western Master System.

It's cool to see that Master System in white. It looks like a Mega Drive mod I have in the planning stages. I've even got authentic Mega Drive logo vinyl stickers by Sega for it.

Comment

I always thought the white Jpn master system looked so much more stylish compared to the black & maroon turd we got here, same with the famicom to nes transition. Still least they got it right with super famicom hehe.

Comment

Agree on the Famicom, I prefer the Master System design to the Mark III though. Master System looks like some futuristic 80's sh*t whereas the Mark III looks like something you'd scan shopping with on a checkout.

Comment

Black Master Sytem MKI was my first console, so i'll always have a soft spot for it. I was getting an NES that year but as soon as I laid eyes on the MS I asked my mum to change the order, as Phar said, it looked so futuristic! (Well, at the time!)

Comment

Bah, I thought this was going to be a Mortal Kombat 3 style Master System Grrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by Phar View Post
                          Agree on the Famicom, I prefer the Master System design to the Mark III though. Master System looks like some futuristic 80's sh*t whereas the Mark III looks like something you'd scan shopping with on a checkout.
                          I think the Sega Mk III looks the business. Ok adding the FM module may be a it clunky but I think it is still far nicer looking the the Master System or it's sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            I always thought the white Jpn master system looked so much more stylish compared to the black & maroon turd we got here, same with the famicom to nes transition. Still least they got it right with super famicom hehe.
                            The Japanese Master System is the same as the western one, mate. I think you are thinking about the white Mark III which is sort of like a Master System original design while the one we got is the revamped design that was released in Japan as the Master System. Really it should be called the Mark IV since it's just a Mark III with the FM Sound chip built in. Strange that the western Master System has no FM sound chip though.

Comment

Working...
                            X