Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectrum is 30 (on Monday*)

*according to Wikipedia

Anyway, Monday I shall be mostly using this......

I'll probably tweet and blog about it as well.

Shall fire up a bit of dizzy in celebration

Comment

Never had any interest in the Spectrum ever, I was a C64 man but nice too read so much about this legendary machine over the recent months in RG.

I really should download an emulator.

Comment

Target renegade, I loved the game - not sure how playable it is now. Remember it was more of an technique game than a 'brawler'
        Read a speccy fanzine or two back in the day. Happy Birthday!! (on your due day, you aint the queen you know)

Comment

I'm sure I've got a tape deck somewhere. Still at least the Microdrives work

Comment

Someone needs to release an SD card adaptor for the Speccy. You could store every game ever made on a moderate sized card and nothing beats playing games on the real thing.

I had 48k+ back in the day and it was home to so many good games. How programmers coaxed so much out of so little I will never understand.
            Search for the video of the Chronos intro screen music. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Target Renegade was great, I remember the skinheads with their pitbulls and funny stuff like that even though I haven't played it since I had my speccy. The Spectrum was a modest machine and looking back I wish I had a C64 but it introduced me to gaming at home, computing and it had such a wide selection of games.

I was thinking of all the licensed games that had nothing to do with the films the other day and remembered Ocean turning Stallone's Cobra into a platformer, it was a fun game. Chase HQ had the best ending sequence I saw on the Spectrum, it was like an animated comic with panels, puts some of the 'Game over' endings on superior hardware to shame.

Will never forgive the creators of Airwolf, I died a million times on a level and decades later found out they apparently released the game unfinished and inserted that death by laser to cover it up. I tried everything!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Someone needs to release an SD card adaptor for the Speccy. You could store every game ever made on a moderate sized card and nothing beats playing games on the real thing.

I had 48k+ back in the day and it was home to so many good games. How programmers coaxed so much out of so little I will never understand.
                Search for the video of the Chronos intro screen music. Amazing stuff.
                There is a Compact Flash adapter and BIOS chip that adds some DOS commands so you mount the SD card and can write "DIR" then mount the .TAP file (the image of the tape) or .ROM (the image of the zx roms) before the normal LOAD ""

It's not SD, but close enough.*

*But naturally requires hobby soldering skills and IC knowledge! hehehe

Comment

I use a divide interface which takes a compact flash card full of games and you just run them from a screen. No hobby or soldering skills needed! You guys are behind the times, you can get all kinds of upgrades for the ZX80,81, Speccy and the QL.

Comment

I will load Knight Lore from tape whilst reading Personal Computer Games in honour.

Comment

Working...
                    X