Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telegames - Are they still selling stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telegames - Are they still selling stuff?

I placed an order with them recently....and it's all gone a bit quiet.

Zaki you can get Pro Wrestling for the Master System on ebay, no need for tellygams.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Zaki you can get Pro Wrestling for the Master System on ebay, no need for tellygams.

they had a copy of shantae for Gameboy color. I ordered it because it was dirt cheap

Comment

I saw some of their console prices, they were insane.

Comment

The prices on their website are nonsense and out of date, I asked them about it a few years ago when I was looking for Gals Fighters on NGPC for a decent price... None of the stuff on their website was in stock, at the time they said it was only there for archive purposes..

Only thing they seemed to actually have in stock were some weird Lynx and Gameboy games they publish themselves...

Comment

I remember we had a Telegames store here about 20 years ago. Shelves full of import goodness and a glass cabinet with, amongst other things, a PC Engine LT that I never could convince my Dad to buy me. The first time I played an AES was in that store, and I remember being in there the day their first delivery of Street Fighter II for the Super Famicom arrived.

Comment

Well....They canceled my order I guess ?34 for a copy of Shantae was too good to be true...

Comment

I'd love to see pics of how much stock they actually DO have. I remember sending off for game lists from them back in the good old pre-ebay days, and always imagined an Indiana Jones raiders sized warehouse full of stuff!

Comment

They were still going as of a couple of months ago. They actually still manufacture brand new Jaguar games and their prices for their own published Jaguar stuff is usually a lot cheaper than what you'd pay on eBay. I get the impression it's a smaller operation these days so sometimes you need to chase the odd order up but they've always come through for me. I think the website is still WIP so always best to contact them direct.

Comment

^ I used to order all my Jag stuff from them back in the day and even picked up a couple of games a few years ago from their ebay page. They even pulled through and got me my launch N64 when everywhere else was sold out. Service was always spot on, definitely have good memories of shopping with them.

Comment

To me Telegames even back in the days of the SFC and Mega Drive seemed like an over priced store that fell in to obscurity and started selling crap for dead systems such as the CD32, Lynx and Jag. I had no idea they were still going or how they possibly could be. I'm surprised.

Comment

**** Telegames, don't give them any of your business. They might have delivered back in the early 90's but those days are long gone.

Comment

Except that they publish a number of very high quality Jaguar games at cheaper than the market price. Can't speak for their Lynx published titles but some of them look good.

Comment

Some how high quality and Jaguar don't mix in my opinion. I could be wrong about the homebrew stuff though. I've not really experienced any.

Comment

The Jaguar has a lot of high quality games, have you played the following: Iron Soldier 2 (Telegames), Breakout 2000 (Telegames), Zero 5 (Telegames), Worms (Telegames), Towers 2 (Telegames), World Tour Racing (Telegames), AvP, Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Super Burnout, Ultra Vortek, Wolfenstein 3d (John Carmack's favourite version of the game by the way), Doom (the best pure home console version currently available to buy), Theme Park, Power Drive Rally, Rayman, Battlemorph, Iron Soldier, Zoop, Syndicate, Vid Grid, Dino Dudes, Missile Command 3D or Hover Strike? All fun games. It's not all Double Dragon 5 and Checkered Flag.

There's also a ton of cool looking stuff I haven't had a chance to play like Skyhammer, Protector, Phase Zero, Robinson's Requiem, NBA Jam (haven't played the Jag version anyway), Pinball Fantasies and Ruiner Pinball. None of the games listed in this page are homebrew.

Comment

Working...
                              X