Old Japanese games adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Japanese games adverts

Found this on youtube 14 mins of rather high quality game ads from japan from the 70's-80's, everyone might enjoy seeing stuff they might have not seen before.

Enjoy

Konichiwa Super Famicom!

Some of those were really cool, I thought that last one was Kirbys Epic Yarn, I wonder if that's where they got the idea from?

Comment

Yeah i had the same thought when i saw that kirby ad, kind of funny that years later that advert would be a game itself hehe.

Comment

Haha, I thought exactly the same for Kirbys...ALthough it was supposed to be another game which got reskinned as Kirby, right? Maybe the watched the advert and got the idea!

LOL at the Final Fantasy advert

Comment

It's also interesting because it shows how Japanese adverts became wackier and wackier as the years passed.

Comment

Another wave of ads, these are pretty cool as they contain the very first ads for pocket monsters

Comment

Watching that second one makes me want to go on ebay and spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Comment

Going to see if i can find more as from a gaming history standpoint they are fantastic.

Comment

Agreed! Would love to see some of the famicom Rockman ads

Comment

The Japanese Dreamcast adverts were some of my favourite, so much humour and originality.

I love the series with Sega's old director Yukawa and they are definitley worth checking out if you can understand Japanese (and possibly even if you don't). This site breaks the story down well.http://www.giantbomb.com/hidekazu-yukawa/72-90306/

This Sega Rally 2 one though, is funny in any language.

Comment

Seeing these old adverts reconfirms my belief that the best gaming years were the early 1990s. It's a pity at the time I didn't savour them more, instead always looking to the future and next big thing. Now I keep looking back.

Comment

Couldn't agree more....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X