Awesome Game Gear home console!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Game Gear home console!

Not sure how well known this is? VERY cool, RGB output as well seemingly.

Been around for a while. It's gorgeous. It's a TRAGEDY that he won't make them for people. What a dick.

Comment

Looks like incredible quality work. At first I thought they were for sale, but reading through another article there it seems it's a one off? Not that i've ever been a Game Gear fan, just loved the concept.

Comment

Saw this a little while ago. Broke my heart to think that I'll never own one. Absolutely great design.

Comment

I don't see the appeal.

Comment

At last, the evil Segacon "Gearhead" and his minions Supersonic and Knucklepunch make their debuts as the newest LEGOformers in my array of mechanized warriors! Following in the same popular footsteps...

that i would see the appeal of if it worked
            Last edited by eastyy; 07-08-2012, 00:12.

Comment

That's an awesome Transformer. Looks very Decepticon-ish to me, so it needs someone to fight:

And yeah, the GG console is awesome. There's a long topic over on SMSPower with all the details of the RGB mod. If anyone ever figures out a way to pull RGB from a NGPC I'm going to do something similar....
              Last edited by _SD_; 07-08-2012, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I don't see the appeal.
                I would've thought as someone that enjoys doing a bit of modding you'd appreciate the skill that's gone in to it. After all, from the photos i've seen, it's actually smaller than a Game Gear system. Personally I think it's great work, despite having zero interest in owning it. God only knows the Game Gear was one of the worst systems I ever bought. I traded my first Jap MD and a crapload of games for one at an Edinburgh import shop. It saddens me to even think about that...........

Comment

The Game Gear is pretty crap but that is an awesome machine. Pity you can't buy them as even I would be tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    TIf anyone ever figures out a way to pull RGB from a NGPC I'm going to do something similar....
                    There's an official development version. However it's RCA.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I don't see the appeal.
                      Neither do I. Game Gear wasn't any great shakes at all.

Master System was considerably better, and not nearly as power-hungry.

Comment

Working...
                      X