Night Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Striker

Stumbled across this tonight and it looks like a cool game. I understand the Saturn version has some exclusive content but wondered if it was worth the ?30 asking price when the PSX version can be had for under ?10?

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
    Stumbled across this tonight and it looks like a cool game. I understand the Saturn version has some exclusive content but wondered if it was worth the ?30 asking price when the PSX version can be had for under ?10?
    This is testing memory, but the saturn version has a new mode, fmv cut scenes and extra music. That worth extra coin to you?

Comment

Oh, Someone said the magic word. I've been a fan of Night Strike since the early 90s. The Saturn version is pretty much 100% arcade perfect. It has a new CG intro and an arranged mode but it's missing the arranged soundtrack found on the Mega CD version. As for Saturn vs PSX, well it's a sprite based game so we know the Saturn version is better plus the Saturn has faster loading as with most of the multi platform games.
      Bottom line is if you want as close to the arcade as possible then it's got to be the Saturn version. There is a reason why it cost more.

Comment

Well that cheap PS1 copy went and so now I will probably hold out for the Saturn version.

Comment

I played the PSX version last night on my phone. It has pretty much the same graphics as the Saturn however the draw distance is much closer making it look a bit crap. The music is the same as the arcade just like the Saturn however the PSX version has no extra mode or CG intro. It's better than the Mega CD but after playing the arcade, Saturn, PSX and Mega CD I'd say the Saturn version is best. It looks like the PSX but has a longer draw distance which is better. I'm doing a special feature of Night Striker on the next Retro Core.

Arcade
          Saturn and PSX have more detail in the graphics (re-drawn) although both only feature the standard soundtrack.
          Saturn has an extra mode and CG intro with arranged main theme.
          Mega CD has a remixed soundtrack as well as the original but does look pretty blocky.

Comment

Yakumo

Have you played the ps2 version on taito memories?

Comment

Just ordered the Saturn version. Looking forward to trying it, but disappointed to miss out on the arranged soundtrack of the mega cd version. Is it on the disc as audio tracks by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Yakumo

Have you played the ps2 version on taito memories?
                No, I don't have a PlayStation 2. I can't se it being anything special though. It's probably just the arcade rom emulated. Saturn version is the over all best version of Night Sriker and that includes the arcade. Better draw distance than the PlayStation, extra mode of play and nice CG introduction that no other version has. I just wish it had the Mega CD's arranged soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                  Just ordered the Saturn version. Looking forward to trying it, but disappointed to miss out on the arranged soundtrack of the mega cd version. Is it on the disc as audio tracks by any chance?
                  The Saturn, Mega CD and PlayStation versions of the game all have the music as CDDA. I'm a nut and own all 3 versions.

Comment

Thanks for the info Yakumo (twice).

Comment

No worries. I've been a fan of Night Striker ever since I played the arcade game. I used to playthe hell out of the Mega CD version and was so happy to finally have a better than arcade version for the home on the Saturn. these days it is a bit of a mess however I still love that Zuntata soundtrack and still have fond memories of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        No, I don't have a PlayStation 2. I can't se it being anything special though. It's probably just the arcade rom emulated. Saturn version is the over all best version of Night Sriker and that includes the arcade. Better draw distance than the PlayStation, extra mode of play and nice CG introduction that no other version has. I just wish it had the Mega CD's arranged soundtrack.
                        no ps2???

call yourself a gamer?

lol

Comment

Never had one, never will I have more than enough games with out adding more

Comment

Working...
                          X