Post results if anyone gives it a try!

You know I will!

Comment

Let us know your results.. this is quite interesting

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?41786

Post results if anyone gives it a try!
        WOW, talk about being behind the times I've been ironing squashed game boxes for years works a treat. It's a good way to restore the original shape of a bent or mishapen box and strenghten it, but it won't get rid of creases.

What I will say is I normally place a tea towel on top of the games, wouldn't use baking paper myself. As the guy said remove all water from the iron or that can cause some serious damage.

The SNES copy of Troddlers I posted in the collecting thread about two months back had been ironed, as it was sent inside a DVD size cardboard box to me and was crushed to hell when I got it.
        Last edited by S3M; 28-09-2012, 17:25.

Comment

They have some odd walkthroughs over at assembler. I remember one guy posting about how you can thoroughly clean controllers if you open them up as if he'd had this revelation bestowed upon him by some kind of gaming deity and nobody else had ever thought of it.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            They have some odd walkthroughs over at assembler. I remember one guy posting about how you can thoroughly clean controllers if you open them up as if he'd had this revelation bestowed upon him by some kind of gaming deity and nobody else had ever thought of it.
            None the less still helpful for people who haven't thought of it before. I for one would have never imagined using a steaming hot iron on my games.. still kinda freaks me out.

Comment

Just tried this, worked really well actually and the box is nice and solid too. I will post a couple of pics soon.

Comment

Comment

After you can see much less of a curve in the middle and an overall more solid shape. Sorry about all of the posts, pics wouldn't post otherwise.

Comment

I always struggle with these spot the difference competitions ;-)

Comment

Yeah it was hard to get good picture!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Yeah it was hard to get good picture!
                        I had similar with some water damaged wrinkly Japanese GameCube sleeves, I ironed them, clamped them flat between bits of wood for a week or so and they looked loads better in the flesh. photographed it and it came out pants :-(

Comment

Working...
                        X