G-Con2 exclusive PS2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Con2 exclusive PS2 games

Finally managed to get my G-Con2 set up and working thanks to a new scart lead with a yellow socket on. Tested it out with the classic Time Crisis 2 and, well, I don't really like it! I miss the red button positioned near the front on the original G-Con. Couldn't use any of the other buttons comfortably on the G-Con2 to duck in and out of cover.

Just wondered if there were any light gun games on PS2 that needed the extra buttons or dpad, if not I can get rid and stick with the original G-Con.

There are a number of PS2 shooters, but personally I never gelled with and of them. The Biohazard games aren't terrible, but Namcot's offerings are the best you'll play. Vampire Night sucks though IMO.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ninja Assault is quite good, much better than Vampire Night...which looks nice but is a bit hmmm.

Comment

Resident Evil Dead Aim uses the d-pad. Not sure how well mind.

Comment

Gun Survivor 3/Dino Stalker is probably the best PS2 gun game.

Comment

All three PS2 Gun Survivor games use the d-pad. There's

Gun Survivor 2: Bio Hazard Code Veronica (Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code: Veronica in PAL)
            Gun Survivor 3: Dino Crisis (Dino Stalker)
            Gun Survivor 4: Bio Hazard - Heroes Never Die (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)

Comment

Time crisis 3 is excellent and uses the buttons

Comment

I've got TC3 but not tried it yet. Got Ninja Assault too, but I don't remember needing the G-Con2 for it. It's a good one though! I'll see if I can get the Resi ones on the cheap. Any more?

Comment

Gunfighter 2 is a really fun wild west styled lightgun shooter that I had loads of fun with BITD. I also remember Endgame being pretty good...although perhaps that's rose tinted glasses.

No idea if they require the G-Con 2, but you have one anyway right?

Time Crisis 2 remains my favourite lightgun game of all time (probably followed by HOTD2). I use 'up' on the d-pad to go in and out of cover

EDIT: agree with those slating Vampire Night, incredibly dull game. Ninja Assault is pretty wicked though.

Comment

I quite liked Vampire Night. Endgame was okay as well. In those days I only had 6 PS2 games.

Double gun mode on TC2 was the best of course.

Comment

Time Crisis 2 is ace because you get that little Quick and Crash bonus game. I used to play that all the time in the arcade.

Comment

Don't forget the Virtual Cop Collection, VC 1&2 with upgraded graphics. The graphics are in some ways worse as everything has this squiggy look to it rather than the hard angles of the arcade version but it plays pretty much identical so is well worth getting.

Comment

I liked Vampire Night when I eventually got to play it, I know it got below average review scores at the time but it is a decent game. Also, for me the PS2 has a great selection of light gun games, better than most consoles. Wish an arcade perfect port of Time Crisis 1 and the later games would come out on modern consoles, though. I know it's not a G-Con2 game, but does anyone know if Police 911 and it's JP release is any good and what guns / camera set ups work with it?

Comment

You would need

The game Police 24/7 or Keisatsukan/police 911, A Konami Hyper Blaster/Justifier & the Konami Capture Eye. The later is very hard to find and the konami gun isnt that accurate i'm afraid. An eyetoy wont work; you would need the capture eye.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              You would need

The game Police 24/7 or Keisatsukan/police 911, A Konami Hyper Blaster/Justifier & the Konami Capture Eye. The later is very hard to find and the konami gun isnt that accurate i'm afraid. An eyetoy wont work; you would need the capture eye.
                              Sorry I forgot to say thanks, I appreciate the info. That's a shame, especially about the camera. I remember reading one of the english releases could use other guns, not sure though.

Comment

Working...
                              X