Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCEngine CDROM addon video and sound through RGB modded PCEngine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCEngine CDROM addon video and sound through RGB modded PCEngine?

Hello all!

Thought I'd stop lurking and say a big hello what with all this PCEngine love going on.

I'd like to output both video and sound from my RGB modded hucard unit while attached to a CDROM addon, do any of them offer this natively or does the sound always output from the addon unit?

Thanks in advance.

I've never owned one but I believe you can still just use the RGB socket on the base console.

Comment

I've got the briefcase setup and the video and sound both output from the coregrafx.

Comment

Many thanks all, it's interesting...a long time ago I had a briefcase setup, but only got video through the RGB hucard unit with the sound only outputting from the briefcase setup AV....maybe there's a problem with the mod?

Comment

Is it a super CD-Rom? If it is you'll want to use your RGB scart from your 'core' system (Whichever it is), but still pull your audio from the CD unit to get proper stereo mixing.
          Last edited by Colin; 12-10-2012, 10:26.

Comment

Is that the grey one with the docking station? My old one was just the standard white unit CDROM unit, I was thinking about getting one of the grey units...the briefcase setup is super expensive on ebay these days, which got me wondering again about the RGB/sound issues I had previously. So I guess it's just outputting through an amp/speakers or getting a modified RGB lead.

Comment

Yeah, ideally what you want to do is tap the L&R audio from your CD-Rom and tap it in to your RGB scart lead, by either butchering it in to the scart plug, or making a breakout box in to the lead itself. Personally I Take the sound from both my briefcase and XRGB-2 through my amp.

Comment

Working...
              X