New(ish) Super Famicom Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New(ish) Super Famicom Blog

Hope no finds this a bit cheeky (I'm more of lurker here really but I have been around for a while), but I noticed one fellow linked to his dreamcast website here. I have a wee Super Famicom website that people here may be interested in.

Please give it a look.

Thanks.

Didn't read any of it, but I love the layout. I assume you were trying to match the SFC box style (like the images in the background?) If you matched the exact colours, it'd be perfect.

Comment

I read couple of articles earlier and I like your style. Always prefer to read detailed personal opinions over cold hard facts and dry information. Consider yourself bookmarked.

Comment

Yeah, I tried to match the exact colours but they were far to garish so I made them all a bit darker so it doesn't kill people's eyes when they read.

Thanks for bookmarking acidbearboy
        Last edited by MrSands; 15-10-2012, 03:11.

Comment

I had a bit of a go translating the comics in SD F-1's manual. Not sure who would be interested in reading them but they are here for posterity anyway. http://www.sufamithoughts.com/sd-f-1...-translations/

Comment

What a great blog

I really like the design - everything has a subtle coolness about it, with lots of retro charm. I'd say the reviews remind me of Super Play magazine.

Your reviews are interesting to read - and I like the artwork that goes with them. Your Star Fox review really impressed me.

Keep up the good work. I have bookmarked it.

Comment

Great stuff.

Really want a copy of the SD F1-GP.

Comment

Thanks again for the complements. Being compared to Super Play- . Loved that magazine.

The more I think about it, SD F-1 is such a great game. Shame it never came out in the UK. Has a loads to do in single player as well as having fun 2 player racing. It even has unlockable drivers (was this a first?). Shame that I can't find any good screen shots of them though. Cba unlocking them on my emulator too. The secret characters are Mansell, Prost and Senna. I'll leave it up to your imagination to guess who is what animal...

Comment

I like this site! The reviews are well written and there's a nice mix of "fact" and your opinion.

Comment

Yesterday I wrote about buying retro games at Nakano Broadway. http://www.sufamithoughts.com/nakano-broadway/

I really do think that it is a much better place for buying geeky things than Akihabara which seems to get all the press.

Has anyone been there? What did you think?

Comment

Awesome write up, very well written.

I also didn't know about that place so will check it out during the new year holidays. It's always nice to hear that there are new retro places in Tokyo (most seem to be going the way of the dodo!).

Comment

Yeah it's great cos everything is concentrated in one building.

Comment

Seeing rows of lovely SFC games makes me want to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSands
                            Has anyone been there? What did you think?

I thought it was awesome, the Mandarakes were really great for toys (I was buying Kubricks at that point). Not as good as DenDen Town though...that was the best games shopping experience I had in Japan. None of the flash of Akihabara, but way more unusual stuff and better prices.

Comment

Never had a chance to go to Den Den Town. Really should add it to my things to do before leaving Japan bucket list.

Comment

Working...
                              X