Saturn Japanese jewel case question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Japanese jewel case question

I've just bought Cotton 2 from eBay, and found that a couple of the teeth from the spindle thing in the jewel case have broken off, so the disc slips out easily. I thought it'd be easy enough to swap it out with another, but Cotton 2 seems to be a slightly deeper jewel case format than other Saturn games (presumably to accommodate the manual / calendar it came with).

Does anyone know if there are any other cheap Saturn games that used this deeper jewel case format? There's literally only a couple of millimetres difference; and I can't move the game into a smaller case because the edges of the cardboard inlay are correspondingly deeper.

Not really expecting an answer, as it's a bit of a weird question , but any help would be appreciated. Ta.
    Last edited by gordon; 20-10-2012, 12:46.

Could you post a picture of the case next to a regular case. I'm not sure I've ever seen one like what you're talking about. Yakumo would probably know though.

Comment

Street Fighter Zero 2 shares the same case. There are a few others also, but they escape me.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There's quite a few.

Off the top of my head one of the cheaper titles should be Pro Yakyuu Team Mo Tsukurou, but I'll have to double check this.

Comment

Cheers Joe and nem. And for noobish, here's the pic. The one on the left is Cotton 2, on the right a regular Saturn case.

Comment

Wow, never seen one of those before. An annoyingly slight difference.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              Could you post a picture of the case next to a regular case. I'm not sure I've ever seen one like what you're talking about. Yakumo would probably know though.
              Your not a major Saturn collector then noobish hat, they were normally used for fatter manuals or games with posters stickers instead of a double case. Yakumo would be the best person to ask about them as they are a pain to find outside of Japan, thus making them hard to replace.
              Last edited by S3M; 20-10-2012, 22:42.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Street Fighter Zero 2 shares the same case. There are a few others also, but they escape me.
                I believe Vampire Savior does also.

Comment

So does,

Genso Suikoden
                  Vandal Hearts
                  Daytona CCE
                  Rockman 8
                  Batsugun
                  Dragon Force 2
                  Disney Collection Mickey & Donald
                  Samurai Showdown RPG
                  Bomberman Wars
                  Cyberbots (Limited Edition version)
                  etc...

The list goes on, they are fairly common.

Comment

Oh man, those extra fat cases are a real pain in the arse. They're not exclusive to Saturn games though. A few Japanese Dreamcast games use them plus audio CDs including western releases. I actually needed a load of them so I bought a box full of Super Robot taisen and Soccer Wo Tsukuru games. Threw away all the games and manuals and kept the cases. You're cheapest option would be to buy shiity sport games like Soccer Wo Tsukuru or Yakyu Wo Tsukuru.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I never knew it was such a common problem.

Asked a seller in Japan from whom I buy a fair amount of stuff, and he offered to throw in a replacement for free with my next order. Which was nice.

Comment

Just won another of these fatter games on eBay (Batsugun, as mentioned by S3M above), and it must take the prize for LEAST SUBTLE LETTERING ON A SATURN SPINE. I can read it from 10m away! Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                        X