Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono series (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono series (PS2)

Has anyone else played these? They're a series of classic arcade games ported to the PS2, and include fetishistic objects such as miniature original arcade flyers, DVD extras and cute sealed manuals. I have Terra Cresta (vol. 10) and Moon Cresta (vol. 5), but I'm keeping an eBay eye out for the other shoot 'em ups in the series:

Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono Vol.01 Scramble
    Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono Vol.04 Time Pilot
    Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono Vol.06 Sonic Wings
    Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono Vol.14 Rabio Lepus
    Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono Vol.18 Thunder Cross

I'm particularly keen on Scramble, as it was my favourite arcade machine when I was growing up. I remember watching a guy looping the game over and over at Butlins Minehead in the early 80s. It was a crappy upright cabinet with a joystick that had to be hammered in every direction...
    Last edited by gordon; 22-10-2012, 23:21.

I have Time pilot and its very nice - packed full of goodies, mini dvd/cd/artwork of the pcb/coin-op flyer etc

Comment

Been snaffling up a couple of the others on eBay, but was disappointed to find that Xexex was never released, despite being scheduled and advertised (it was originally intended as vol 7 in the series). It seems the only home port Xexex ever received was on the Salamander Portable compilation for the PSP - which is a shame, as it's a nice shooter with a unique style.

Comment

The only one you need is Oretachi Geasen Zoku Sono 11: Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun.

Comment

That looks like fun.

Comment

It's River City Ransom.

Comment

Working...
            X