Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10000's weigh about 3KG. The weight keeps them grounded, so they aren't loud. You don't even really need a stand.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Did you have issues with media from the US or UK?

Comment

I must be in the 1% 'cause my 10k sounded like a plane taking off whenever the disc spun up. It finally gave up the ghost around five years ago, God rest its soul.

I only ever used it with original Jp releases so can't comment how other regions would've been.

Comment

The only time a PS2 is loud is when using a CD based game.

Comment

I used a 10000 almost every day for the best part of twelve years. Ten of those years hooked up to a BB Unit. I had one single DRE, which was due to an uncared for FFX: International disc. You need to keep them vertical. They like that.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've used a 30000 white model for longer than I care to remember. No BB Unit and every disc works fine. It has also been my main console since 2004 ish. I will never put it on its side.

Comment

30000 is good too. It's the new version. Cheaper parts though. Less reliable. I'd take a 50000 over anything other than a 10000 personally.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I had a launch JP unit but the motherboard failed. PS2 has served me extremely well over the years. It is easily my most used system ever.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    30000 is good too. It's the new version. Cheaper parts though. Less reliable. I'd take a 50000 over anything other than a 10000 personally.
                    50000 are even worse though, lol.

Comment

They have good transport. Built-in IR, and the PSU can be swapped for a UK equivalent.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can do that with anything past the 18000..

I'm thinking a 39000 with UK PSU and Ghost 2.

Comment

39000 is the GT edition right? Gotta watch the laser, but decent enough build quality. Much, much cheaper than a 10000 too.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh, turns out mine is a 55006 GT. UK PSU and a dcm chip or whatever it's called.

Comment

DMS.

I sold you a 55006 GT a few years back too, who did that go to?

J0e - I think the 30000 R is the GT edition. The GT3 one at least. GT4 one is 55000 GT.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 27-12-2013, 22:23.

Comment

That went to my friend. Chipped but not same as mine.
                                Mine came with GT4 Prologue.

Comment

Working...
                                X