Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's so special about this Ghost 2 v2 chip. It doesn't seem to be the newest available?

Comment

Has all the functionality I require. I've always wanted one which is a strange thing to say of a modchip but hey.

Boots anything without any dumb menus or extra functionality like that.

DMS4 SE - expensive.
      Matrix Inifity - adds dumb stuff to the boot logo.
      Crystal Chip - no real experience with this one.
      Last edited by speedlolita; 29-01-2014, 15:55.

Comment

Yeah I have the Infinity chip which has worked great. Sometimes does not boot but nothing a restart didn't cure. I did get my PS2 modded way back, almost ten years ago? It does have the logo on the boot screen, true. Doesn't bother me though.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
          Yeah it is a very rare thing to happen and it's something like 99.9% of all PS2 games will work with a test kit if it's not the same region.

Sony had a nasty habit of changing the PS2 internals around as such some early PS2 games would not work on later models due to some of the hardware changes. The 5000 series was one of the worse models for this with both retail and test units for getting some of the older PS2 games to work on it.

While it's not that bad a issue there are a few of the old PS2 games that won't load on it, Sony Japan used to have a official list on their website, that told you which game didn't work on which consoles not sure if it is still on their site any more.
          This is true. If I recall correctly, "Kessen" (the first one) was one of the titles (though I could be mistaken).

Comment

All releases or just JP?

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
              It does have the logo on the boot screen, true. Doesn't bother me though.
              You can turn off the logo in the settings, IIRC.

Comment

I know there's the REALLY garish logo but does it also remove this below the PS2 logo? (Not my pic):

Comment

Ah, no, you're right - that's still present. Mine also has an ugly mini Matrix logo under the 'Pla' bit of 'Playstation'.

Never really noticed it before; now I can't help seeing it.

Comment

I'm quite pedantic, never been a fan of the Matrix for that reason only. Functionally it's a great chip though and I'm probably gonna get one for the SCPH-90004 I have coming as it is one of few chips that will work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                      welcome to the forums.

AVP is nice bonus, dont happen to have a machine up the attick to play it on?
                      Thx.
                      No, the console is not up the attic, but in its original box in my cellar. I bought it years ago, only for AvP - which I still haven't really played up until this day. I am planning to buy a house this year and have a room dedicated to video games there. Then I will play AvP on my Jaguar.

Comment

AvP is not very good in truth. Looks pretty good but don't control so well.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          I still look at the Jaguar controller & think how was that ever comfortable to use?

It just looked so hard to hold & the overlays they used would just confuse the hell out of me.

Comment

It's not the worst pad ever but lack of shoulder buttons was a great idea indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              I thought you meant the arcade version for a minute....*phew*

Comment

i think for the time it was released it looked pretty good, but one thing i noticed straight away was that the levels were all , level! and with doom being out just made the level design look rushed and weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X