This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    Considering how much of a nightmare I had trying to find this game when I had the collection i'm now trying to rebuild, I can't believe I not only picked this up in a bundle, but I also got another copy without a spine!

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari:

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
      Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
      Absolute bargain. Great find... one of the PS1's best-kept secrets!
      Gave it a go last night, it's got that great early PS1 High res snes game look to it- good game too!!

Comment

Considering how much of a nightmare I had trying to find this game when I had the collection i'm now trying to rebuild, I can't believe I not only picked this up in a bundle, but I also got another copy without a spine!

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari:

Very jealous!

Comment

Ferrari F355 Challenge on Dreamcast for ?1.49 from an Amazon Uk seller,i love racing sims but after a week i have deemed the game `unplayable`.
          It is simply too realistic for its own good.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
            Very jealous!
            So this wouldn't help?

Comment

So this wouldn't help?

I shall restrain myself as you are a mod and I don't want to get banned!

Comment

Well, one of them is available for sale you know............

Comment

Well, one of them is available for sale you know............

And likely well above my price range. Plus no spine.

Comment

Si Man 87 from here brought these back from Japan for me.

Awesome!

Comment

Ah jeez Marty, now I have to go look and see if there's anything PCE that I haven't posted yet!

Comment

I'm sure you wont mind!

Comment

Originally posted by aticatac View Post
                          Ferrari F355 Challenge on Dreamcast for ?1.49 from an Amazon Uk seller,i love racing sims but after a week i have deemed the game `unplayable`.
                          It is simply too realistic for its own good.

Unplayable or you can't be much good at driving. I myself (gloat gloat gloat ) am a pretty good driver and find F355 to handle quite well. I can't say if it's the same as a real F355 since I've never driven one. The game is too real but to say it's unplayable when your own skills aren't up to the job for it's realism is not very fair to the game.

Comment

F355 isn't close to realism at all, the car handles nothing like a real car but it's still a great game.

Comment

I know that but I think what aticatac was getting at was the level of under/over steer, gear and rev ratios and so on. In F355 they are far more pronounced than in other racing games, even the likes of Forza. In F355 you really do have to watch what you are doing. I've never really played the DC version but I did play the hell out of the arcade system which was really good in the simulation sense. The way the car would spinout is true to life. Of course a normal family car wouldn't spin out like the cars do on F355 but something with a lot of grunt to the back wheels sure would. The first time I drove a rear wheel drive 450+bhp car I nearly **** myself. It's a whole new level of control.
                              Last edited by Yakumo; 03-12-2012, 00:52.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                I'm sure you wont mind!

Well, couple of posts late, but the post has just been!

The last of the classic Taito platformer must haves, Rainbow Islands.

Not very often I say this about a PC-Engine game, but i've never owned this on the system before. It'll be interesting to see how it shapes up against the legendary amiga version, but I think i'll probably have to pick up the PCE mouse in order to enjoy it properly.

Only one Super Grafx game to get now, and it's on the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X