Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
    I wouldn't quite describe it as 'shocking', as this is bona fide rare.

Ultima: Escape From Mt. Drash

$1275.00 USD at the time I'm writing this, with 5 days and 9 hours to go. I don't think it'll go for more than the $2600.00 USD Mayhem payed for his copy as this one looks a bit roughed up.
    This is the copy, however, that sold before mine... I was runner-up on it, and it went originally for $3,600 (!) back in 2004. There was a CIB copy sold last year that went for three grand, so I expect this one to match that figure, but probably not get back what Peter originally paid for it (yeah, I know the guy who's selling it too heh).
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I can't make sense of that paragraph? Did you sell it or buy it for $2600?

Comment

Peter bought his CIB copy for $3,600, and that's the one being sold now. I was runner-up on it. About two months after he bought that one, another CIB copy was on eBay, which I won for $2,600. There hasn't been a complete copy sold in ages, until last year, and that went for about three grand.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Wow, that's bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            This had me laughing. It reminds me of that guy who paid ?450 for a picture of an xbox one, the mind boggles.

Spotted this earlier. It's not as obvious as the above listing because of the amount on offer, however the ?40k price tag and ?2k postage costs are eye watering. A serious collector though.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Wolf View Post
              This had me laughing. It reminds me of that guy who paid ?450 for a picture of an xbox one, the mind boggles.

Spotted this earlier. It's not as obvious as the above listing because of the amount on offer, however the ?40k price tag and ?2k postage costs are eye watering. A serious collector though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASSIVE-VI...item461a0753b2
              Thats bizzare there is a lot there but most of it is ****e, loads of unboxed consoles and pads, its like you would end up with the preowned section of an indie shop, he hasent listed everything either

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Wolf View Post
                . A serious collector though.
                hoarder more like, as no collector would have more unboxed items than boxed items, most of the consoles are unboxed, pretty much most of the N64 is unboxed. and not filled with good games for each system just filler items really.

Comment

Thank you for defining the difference between a collector and a hoarder.

Comment

your welcome, i think?

like it makes any real difference, that "collection" is not the best i've seen out there, just seems like he bought anything and everything he seen cheap and hoarded it, now needs to get rid and thinks its worth 40k, he hasn't even compiled a complete list before putting it up on fleabay.

be interesting to see of it sells at any price.

Comment

Selling it as a complete lot is pretty lazy. At a quick glance there's actually some pretty nice Sony hardware in there but value wise probably not enough to justify that price. Lazy lazy.

Think of the fees too, ?4k!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        This is the copy, however, that sold before mine... I was runner-up on it, and it went originally for $3,600 (!) back in 2004. There was a CIB copy sold last year that went for three grand, so I expect this one to match that figure, but probably not get back what Peter originally paid for it (yeah, I know the guy who's selling it too heh).
                        Some of his stuff has gone for way over the odds. I remember seeing Nemesis '90 Kai selling for over $300 I think? (who are the buyers that randomly splash out on X68k games? Europeans?)
                        I'd have loved to have bought that a.i. design copy of Rogue he had up a few months ago but it wasn't in the best condition and was already at a sky high price.

Comment

Doom for PC on 3.5" discs, ?35 sounds a bit OTT?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                            Super Famicom games were never sealed.
                            But it's sitting on what looks like a tiled floor. If something isn't sealed, I'd want it to be handled in such a way that it wouldn't scuff.

Comment

The fact that it's been taken out of the box to be photographed would massively devalue it. What is wrong with some people who sell stuff for this kind of money without using some basic collector rules?

Comment

Working...
                              X