Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post
    Vga auctions are Always good for a laugh, you would have tought by now that some of these idiots listing them already paid a small fortune on ebay fees.
    Not really, when you can get 20 free listings per month now as an ordinary eBay member (more if you're Premium).
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

And that there is all part of the problem sadly.

Comment

I don't know why any "serious collector" would pay for plastic cases and 'grading'. Traders and scalpers, though... 7 of those games sold since late Jan.

I thought this was particularly bad when I saw it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221738674906 (?100 BIN PAL Sunset riders)
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221733709867 (original pulled auction, just a cart and printed box)

A buyer paying way over the odds for a SNES cart doesn't mean a service like VGA is wanted or needed, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Not really, when you can get 20 free listings per month now as an ordinary eBay member (more if you're Premium).
          ahh excuse my clueless comment then, perhaps it may be time to start selling some of my **** to make sure i can retire in peace.

Comment

I can't comprehend this. Surely this can't be serious?

EDIT: I just looked at the pictures in the listing. Too good.

Comment

Has anyone cracked a VGA game open? Bet they nick the carts

Comment

Haha yes Charles, I would love it if you were correct.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
                  I don't know why any "serious collector" would pay for plastic cases and 'grading'. Traders and scalpers, though... 7 of those games sold since late Jan.

I thought this was particularly bad when I saw it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221738674906 (?100 BIN PAL Sunset riders)
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221733709867 (original pulled auction, just a cart and printed box)

A buyer paying way over the odds for a SNES cart doesn't mean a service like VGA is wanted or needed, however.
                  I doubt any real games collector does use VGA, I don't see any of us on this fourm using their services. I suspect it more for the nutters who collect sealed games

That Sunset Riders makes me laugh, the fact that it's a USA repro box makes it worse. Th game is as common as muck on the SNES but the ?50-100+ price tag it commands is just wrong.

Comment

Oh there are people here who've used VGA. Not me just to be clear though!

Comment

Dish dish dish!

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                        I doubt any real games collector does use VGA, I don't see any of us on this fourm using their services. I suspect it more for the nutters who collect sealed games
                        Unlike that guy, I would never even combine those two words together re myself. Not with a straight face anyway.

That Sunset Riders makes me laugh, the fact that it's a USA repro box makes it worse. Th game is as common as muck on the SNES but the ?50-100+ price tag it commands is just wrong.
                        Makes you wonder just how much of the SNES price boom is fuelled by clueless people like that. They knew about the game, but not what a UK SNES game box looks like?

Comment

Name and shame Colin, but I suspect I might know who a few of them may have been.

Now that you mention it mezzanine, if the guy was that clueless he may have even purchased it that way not knowning it was a repro box in the first place. Your dead right about the current SNES boom I think it may well be fuelled by buyer who don't really have a clue about what their buying, as so many sellers think cartridge only is worth the same as complete in box with manual.

Hard truth about Sunset Riders is the SNES port is censored and a cut down version of the original arcade, he would be better off with a MAME cab and a copy of the arcade. More fun that way and four players too.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Has anyone cracked a VGA game open? Bet they nick the carts
                          I'd be more tempted just to open one remove the seal then put it back in the box without it, then wait till you see the collector's face.
                          Last edited by S3M; 02-05-2015, 16:04.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you lads can guess who.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                              Now that you mention it mezzanine, if the guy was that clueless he may have even purchased it that way not knowning it was a repro box in the first place. Your dead right about the current SNES boom I think it may well be fuelled by buyer who don't really have a clue about what their buying, as so many sellers think cartridge only is worth the same as complete in box with manual.
                              On that note...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151667614245 - Vampire Killer JP MD

Blatant repro (poor quality even!), 1 day auction and at ?41 with three hours to go. Why oh why did I sell my copy to bloody Skykid for a pittance?

Comment

Working...
                              X