Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I care more about the hardware now than having piles of games
    I also care more about the hardware, so I've made sure I've got at least two of each machine I like. I have lots of games, but I'd have to be rich to give in to all my desires. I try to resist temptation and just be happy that I've got Everdrives as an option.

When it comes to having boxed games - I only really need games I truly have a passion for - and that's not too many. I'm not someone who would ever feel a desire to own every game for a specific system, as I can't stand average or poor games. I only want good or great games. But now that prices are sky high.. I will only consider buying games I consider to be excellent.

Comment

Almost a grand for a knackered AES MS3 -

Check out his other quality water damaged AES items with equally stupid prices. Seriously, I don't even know this person and I want to punch them.

Comment

I wonder: are these guys just chancers? If I put my regular old PS3 on eBay for 500 quid and someone bought it I wouldn't complain. But then I think maybe by setting prices so high they're making people think that's what the games are worth.

Comment

Collecting was a real joy for those of us in our 30s who were able to get brilliant specimens in the early 2000s to about 2008, was it not?

I don't know if it's the hipsters who are entirely to blame, but retro collecting has become a shadow of the affordable pleasure it was.

Akiba's retro game scene is so poor now too....well, it was good while it lasted. I'm glad I was able to get what I was when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post

I don't know if it's the hipsters who are entirely to blame, but retro collecting has become a shadow of the affordable pleasure it was.
            At first retro gaming was something gaming enthusiasts were interested in. But as they started promoting classic games and showing off their collections... the retro scene grew and grew until all sorts of gamers became interested. Now there are thousands of retro gaming channels on YouTube, retro gaming shops all over the world, and Ebay prices have gone through the roof. Retro is, at this time, on a high wave. Maybe things will come down to Earth, but I have a feeling that demand will stay high and prices won't come down much.

I really wish I had bought every game I love last decade. A lot of games I want are over ?150 now.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-10-2015, 22:08.

Comment

It's never going back to where it was, there's a constant supply of fresh blood entering the scene and only so many games to go around.

Comment

Don't want to come off a hypocrite as I am selling some stuff, but retro games are better - fact!

Comment

Prices will definitely drop off for all but the most popular titles. People spending big money on retro games now must be at least in their twenties, or more likely in their thirties, forties or fifties now. Kids growing up now have no desire for physical product so eventually the retro scene will die out. In 50 years retro games will (hopefully) be properly represented in archives and museums. Only the hardcore will play original games on vintage hardware. Everybody else will play emulators. It would be great to think that by that time there would be some proper licencing and dedicated machines for 100% accuracy.

Comment

A snip at half a mill, surely?

Comment

I was about to buy it, then I saw he wants ?1.26 for postage.

He must think I'm some kind of mug!

Comment

He needs the money for a new duvet cover.

Comment

Dumbest thing I've seen in some time -

A floppy disk sleeve (probably from the grey box Infocom releases).

It's not the money ($20 + shipping) really, it's just the principle.

Comment

I like that you have to pay ?20 postage on top of this price

Comment

4x what I paid for mine lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
                                http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Martial-Mast...446?nav=SEARCH

I like that you have to pay ?20 postage on top of this price
                                Doubt that dude sells much - he is still selling items listed months ago at those prices

Comment

Working...
                                X