No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not specifically eBay-related but I just saw Alien Soldier MD sell for ?192 on Facebook. Quite a decent seller so I'm inclined to believe that's the current rate for it, though it seems like this madness is never going to end now.

Comment

To be fair, he prices depending on condition and I'd suggest that be the upper limit of what he would want for it.

If you're a fan of Alien Soldier then I think you'd be willing to pay that. It is "expensive" for someone wanting to sample it though - yeah, gonna have to look to an EverDrive or emulation.

Comment

I'm not suggesting that he's priced it incorrectly at all, just that the market price for that has almost doubled since I last checked. I've more or less given up hope for the bubble to burst now, so thank goodness for Everdrives!

Comment

Raid your ISA, cause heres a real bargain for you shooter fans....

Comment

The fact it is a budget release made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
              Not specifically eBay-related but I just saw Alien Soldier MD sell for ?192 on Facebook. Quite a decent seller so I'm inclined to believe that's the current rate for it, though it seems like this madness is never going to end now.
              Retro gaming and the price of collectable gaming has always been mad, we've all been part of it too. Whether it was buying or selling.

This gaming New Years resolution thing (Along with a recent retro purchase that disappointed me) has made me question retro gaming in all its forms. I think the best way to play retro is to through emulation & HD releases. No worries about cables, PAL, NTSC, step downs, RGB mods or the ludicrous second hand pricing. It just works.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                The fact it is a budget release made me smile.
                Regarding hia other items, His copy of batsugun is almost 4 times more expensive than japanese sellers.....

Dont these fools check other auctions before listing items?

Comment

How about shelling out a paltry twelve grand on a sample disc of Snatcher? No idea is this is genuine, but it's worth a look anyway.

Comment

I've got both of these, sure they were about ?15 each! Not sold anything on eBay yet & thinking these prices are silly, but tempted to sell.

The Saturn pad I'd miss but the Hori is crap to be fair

Comment

Yeah those SLS Saturn pads used to be like ?20 or two for ?30 from HK all day long.

Sold one on here for a tenner I think. haha

Comment

I still can't believe I used to turn my nose up at the condition of games sold by yamatoku back in the mid 00's. Cos at least half of it is Z grade junk these days. Not B grade. Still goes for far too much, tho.

Anyway, back on topic. They've hiked up their shipping costs from 7 dollars to $14 SAL (registered only). Retroactive too - for anything unpaid from a couple of days ago. I wonder how much of their customer base they think will just absorb that price increase. Enough?

Wouldn't want to be their staff right now. My current invoice (item values at $6.50, $2.25, $2.56) has combined shipping options of $26 and $38. I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
                          The Saturn pad I'd miss...
                          I have two of those SLS-branded ones, bought in the early days once enough decent-looking review posts popped up on SRK and other forums.

I love the "As you can see from the image above, this classic controller is in great condition." bit.

Yes, from the blurry, blurry photos I can make out that the controller is well-used with white stuff in the d-pad and hasn't even been cleaned up for the shoot.

I've seen a few in the past hovering around the 40-50 quid mark on forums and eBay but never checked if they actually sold for that sort of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-MEGA-...vip=true&rt=nc

Am I missing something here? ?64 for Streets of Rage 2???
                            We must be missing something??? It should have gone for no more than ?30. The game goes for ?15-30 depending on condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              We must be missing something??? It should have gone for no more than ?30. The game goes for ?15-30 depending on condition.
                              Could just be an overzealous buyer I guess, auctions that end on a late Sunday afternoon do tend to get some high prices. Even so though...

Comment

Working...
                              X